Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Oops — pepper spray not mace
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 5/27/19 9:07am Msg #606752
Fortunately, I only had one scary incident. It was a last-minute signing a few miles from me. I contacted BOs by phone. Drove to house and had difficulty finding a front door. Property and house overgrown with trees and vegetation. House was double story with 2nd story deck completely around house and stairs to access deck. I took a chance and climbed stairs which led to a heavy, ornate wooden door with doorbell. Mrs. BO almost immediately opened door dressed in this short, frilly, lace bed attire thing. Mr. BO was sitting at the table in a very loosely tied robe. I’m almost certain he had nothing on under the robe. I was kicking myself and cursing under my breath about my stupidity in accepting the assignment and entering the house, especially once the door was closed and dead bolted. I didn’t see another exit, so was taking in every window that could be used as an escape. After about 45 minutes, Mr. BO gets up from the table without saying a word, and leaves the room. Mrs. BO looked at me with an apologetic look. I don’t recall if we had small chit chat or sat in almost silence, as we waited, for what I thought was a bathroom run. After 5 minutes or so, Mrs. BO got up from the table without a word and left. There were still about 50 pages we had to go thru. About 3 minutes passed and neither one had returned. I hollered out and got no response and began freaking out. I grabbed at my two piles of signed/unsigned docs and just threw in my briefcase. I jumped up from table POd at myself for not paying attention to where Mrs. BO put deadbolt key. Knowing there were no pockets in her little frilly thing, I was hoping it was somewhere close to door. Thankfully, it was and I was outside praying I didn’t fall head first running down the steps, run into BOs outside or get tangled in vegetation.

I have no idea if Mr. BO got ill, if they decided to stop and have a quickie, if they were ax murderers, or what. I never worked for SS again, which was fine with me. This incident definitely opened my eyes to safety, people and things that could happen.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  PegiT_MN on 5/26/19 6:59pm
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  PegiT_MN on 5/26/19 7:09pm
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  Amigoaz on 5/26/19 7:12pm
 Glad you are safe - and thanks for the reminder. -  JanetK_CA on 5/26/19 8:26pm
 Re: Glad you are safe. Have you considered - Yoli/CA on 5/26/19 8:38pm
 Re: Always know your surroundings - Carolyn Bodley on 5/26/19 9:14pm
 Don't mean to blame the victim, but .... - BearPaw/CO on 5/26/19 11:51pm
 In your neck of the woods, you could be greeted with the -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 7:44am
 Re: Oops — pepper spray not mace - Carolyn Bodley on 5/27/19 9:07am
 Dangerous: My Story-thank goodness you are okay!!! n/m - LJCA on 5/27/19 12:35am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 7:39am
 Glad to know you're safe Pegi. That sounds like it was a -  MW/VA on 5/27/19 8:15am
 I don't think under these circumstances -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 8:34am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story - Linda_H/FL on 5/27/19 8:36am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  Mike Goodey on 5/27/19 11:38am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story - Luckydog on 5/27/19 11:54am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  JanetK_CA on 5/27/19 6:42pm
 Re: We are trained to try and get those closing docs signed - Carolyn Bodley on 5/27/19 3:41pm
 I agree Carolyn - Luckydog on 5/27/19 6:41pm
 Re: I agree Carolyn -  JanetK_CA on 5/27/19 7:10pm
 my "just show up" was hilarious.... - notarydi/CA on 5/27/19 10:10pm
 Sounds like "bare all" -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/19 11:27am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story - Ken/NoCal on 5/28/19 8:43am
 Re: When A Signingn Quickly Turns Dangerous: My Story -  Ernest__CT on 5/30/19 10:27am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.