Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I think I finally figured out Trump
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/25/17 4:49pm Msg #70999
There's a saying on Twitter that you can find a past Trump tweet for everything which will contradict whatever he's saying today.

In Oct 2013, in one of his many attacks on Obama, he sent out the following: "President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense"

Would you say that we have far bigger problems today than whether NFL players stand or kneel while the anthem plays? I certainly would. There are 3.5 million American citizens in Puerto Rico who have no electricity, are running out of food and water, and in some cases are still trapped by flooding. Why isn't Trump focusing the country on THAT? It's been a week since he has said anything about the crisis there; over the weekend, he sent out 18 tweets about the NFL and 0 about what's happening in PR. The governor of PR is saying he is not getting the aid his people need, their agriculture has been 80% wiped out and they will have to get virtually ALL of their food from the mainland, fresh water is rapidly becoming unavailable - and Trump is focusing the attention on a stupid spat with NFL players who are merely exercising their First Amendment rights to peacefully protest.

And the reason he's doing it is to deflect attention from his failures as a chief executive and the scandals in his administration that seem to grow every day. Now we learn that Jared and Ivanka have been using personal email accounts for some official business in violation of the rules. Gee, where have I heard THAT song before?

Some are starting to say that this lack of focus on Puerto Rico and its problems could be Trump's Katrina moment, and they may be right. It is starting to look as bad - if not worse - than NOLA after Katrina.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I think I finally figured out Trump's game - MikeC/TX on 9/23/17 6:47pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/24/17 5:02pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/24/17 6:04pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/25/17 6:27am
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump -  janCA on 9/25/17 9:20am
 It IS a RESPECTFUL PROTEST See it for what it IS! - CH2inCA on 9/25/17 1:01pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/25/17 4:49pm
 I'm confused Mike. Are you for or against freedom of speech? - Moneyman/TX on 9/28/17 4:38pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 9/28/17 7:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.