Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I think I finally figured out Trump's game
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/23/17 6:47pm Msg #70993
Whenever something happens that adversely affects his political agenda - in the most recent case, the fact that the repeal/replace of Obamacare may be dead again - he has a campaign rally and/or goes on Twitter and begins attacking people who have somehow displeased him. It's an effort to deflect attention from the fact that his is a failing presidency so far.

He started last night by attacking NFL players who do not stand for the anthem, calling them SOB's and saying they should be fired. Mr. President, let me introduce you to the First Amendment, which you have obviously never read and may not even know exists - like it or not, agree with it or not, that behavior is protected by our Constitution. A lot of good people have died over the years protecting our right to do exactly that.

He then took on the entire NFL, saying they were ruining the game by enacting regulations that addressed concussion injuries. Ruining the game by trying to ensure that the players aren't critically injured??? Donald, would you like to suit up and play a few games?

This is a guy who is such a football expert that he managed to totally destroy an alternative football league by insisting that it should compete directly with the NFL:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a41135/donald-trump-usfl/

Then today he attacked Stephen Curry, who has a squeaky-clean rep in the NBA, telling him he was no longer invited to the WH because he was "hesitating" about accepting an invitation that hadn't even been officially made yet. This was after Curry already said he wouldn't go to the WH, so it was more like Trump saying "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you."

PS: the entire Golden State Warriors team later said they won't go either if they were invited. How do you uninvite someone you never gave an invitation to?

This is what Trump does - deflect attention from his failures while never admitting they were failures and causing chaos in the media. It may take several more months, but eventually, the people who voted for him will realize that the Emperor has no clothes. And that's not a pretty sight...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I think I finally figured out Trump's game - MikeC/TX on 9/23/17 6:47pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/24/17 5:02pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/24/17 6:04pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/25/17 6:27am
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump -  janCA on 9/25/17 9:20am
 It IS a RESPECTFUL PROTEST See it for what it IS! - CH2inCA on 9/25/17 1:01pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/25/17 4:49pm
 I'm confused Mike. Are you for or against freedom of speech? - Moneyman/TX on 9/28/17 4:38pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 9/28/17 7:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.