Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/1/16 8:52pm Msg #67894
1) The Khan's are a Gold Star family - they have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. No American should ever question their right to express their opinion, and no American should ever disrespect or belittle them for their beliefs. You may not agree with them, but they've more than earned the right to have their say. Just shut up and listen.

2) "Sacrifice" means giving up something you have in order to achieve something else. Giving your life to protect others is true sacrifice; creating jobs, building stuff, and licensing your name is just a business decision. There is no way the two are even remotely comparable, and only an idiot would suggest that they were. This is similar to Trump's recent claims that he has spent a lot of money providing ramps and other accommodations for the handicapped at his properties in an attempt to show he's not prejudiced against the handicapped. All of that was a REQUIREMENT of the ADA -a cost of doing business, not a sacrifice or a public service. If you want to support the handicapped, do something you're not required by law to do.

3) You don't get to regularly insult and criticize people you don't like, sometimes crudely, and then claim they have "no right" to criticize you. They do - it's in the First Amendment, and it's in that document you apparently haven't read. Perhaps that's why Mr Khan offered to lend you his copy.

4) It's OK to admit you made a mistake and apologize for it, unless you're Donald Trump. His campaign and his surrogates tried desperately today to spin this into being not about an insult to a Gold Star family, but about Islamic terrorism and Hillary Clinton. The fact remains that he insulted the family, and that's not going to go away. A better man would have just sucked it up and apologized. We're not dealing with a better man... My guess is he's just going to try to ignore it as if it never happened.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/1/16 8:52pm
 A followup - MikeC/TX on 8/2/16 12:51am
 I truly believe Trump pays these right wing media groups - C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 8/2/16 7:11am
 He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - jba/fl on 8/3/16 12:14am
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/3/16 11:24pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - FGX/NJ on 8/4/16 5:59am
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/4/16 5:27pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an -  Moneyman/TX on 8/8/16 3:27pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/8/16 5:55pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/2/16 5:21am
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/2/16 5:21pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/3/16 5:24am
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/3/16 5:34pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/4/16 5:28pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/5/16 12:10am
 I know a $20K earner willing to, Buffet's offer still stand? -  Moneyman/TX on 8/8/16 2:41pm
 Re: I know a $20K earner willing to, Buffet - MikeC/TX on 8/8/16 6:40pm
 "I know that, I just want to hear him deny it." -  Moneyman/TX on 8/18/16 8:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.