Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

"I know that, I just want to hear him deny it."
Posted by  Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/18/16 8:43pm Msg #67987
There is a story in politics, commonly attributed to Lyndon B. Johnson, about how LBJ wanted to circulate a rumor attacking his opponent in a Texas election. Johnson, it's said, wanted to spread the story that his opponent liked to have sex with barnyard animals. One of LBJ's aides said, "We can't prove he's a pig f----r."

"I know that," replied Johnson. "I just want to hear him deny it."

I'm reminded of the above story whenever I hear things like, "For starters, we can learn whether or not he has been paying taxes".

If he is a smart businessman, he probably owns very little and receives a relatively small paycheck. It's actually a wise financial move to have your successful business own things and you, as a right of your position in the company, to have access to everything you need while the costs can mostly be written off as "business expenses". If we are being honest, that is probably what Trump does not want his opponents to have to beat him over the head with, imo. It's hard enough to get people with an actual understanding of business to understand such things, forget trying to educate the general population, most with zero business sense.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/1/16 8:52pm
 A followup - MikeC/TX on 8/2/16 12:51am
 I truly believe Trump pays these right wing media groups - C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 8/2/16 7:11am
 He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - jba/fl on 8/3/16 12:14am
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/3/16 11:24pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - FGX/NJ on 8/4/16 5:59am
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/4/16 5:27pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an -  Moneyman/TX on 8/8/16 3:27pm
 Re: He did not give his son - his son decided and acted as an - MikeC/TX on 8/8/16 5:55pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/2/16 5:21am
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/2/16 5:21pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/3/16 5:24am
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/3/16 5:34pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - FGX/NJ on 8/4/16 5:28pm
 Re: My take on the Trump vs Khan controversy - MikeC/TX on 8/5/16 12:10am
 I know a $20K earner willing to, Buffet's offer still stand? -  Moneyman/TX on 8/8/16 2:41pm
 Re: I know a $20K earner willing to, Buffet - MikeC/TX on 8/8/16 6:40pm
 "I know that, I just want to hear him deny it." -  Moneyman/TX on 8/18/16 8:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.