Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/8/17 7:33pm Msg #70169
Ted Cruz is the most hated person in the Senate, for good reason - he's obnoxious and thinks he knows everything.

Here's the transcript of what he did today during the testimony of Sally Yates:

SENATOR TED CRUZ: (CITING FEDERAL STATUTE) “Whenever the president finds that the entry of any alien, or of any class of aliens into the United States, would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he may deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens, or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens and restrictions he may deem appropriate.” Would you agree that that is broad statutory authorization?

SALLY YATES: I would, and I’m familiar with that. I’m also familiar with an additional provision of the [Immigration and Nationality Act] that says, “No person shall receive preference or be discriminated against in issuance of a visa because of race, nationality, or place of birth.” That, I believe, was promulgated after the statute that you just quoted. And that’s been part of the discussion with the court, with respect to the INA, is whether this more specific statute trumps the first one that you just described. But my concern was not an INA concern here, it rather was a constitutional concern.

Cruz then left the hearing room...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - MikeC/TX on 5/8/17 7:33pm
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 5:38am
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 4:07pm
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 4:18pm
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 4:41pm
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 4:55pm
 Re: Sally Yates takes Ted Cruz to school - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 5:30pm
 As a Texan, I sincerly hope not - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 6:19pm
 Mike, do you have a link to the specific video you mention? - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 6:28pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.