Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 6/22/17 7:03pm Msg #70508
"so what's your point?"

Is that an example of a poor debater's version of an elementary kid's best reply when he knows someone just made valid points, "yeah, but your dad's a poopoo head"?

Mike, you are better than that. My "point" was made in my previous response in which I included links which showed that a few of you opinions (since no cites or links were provided to back your argument up) were based on incorrect information (e.g. where was the outrage from the right when the * same * play had an * Obama * Caesar?).

"... yet when the positions are suddenly reversed the right wing wants to censor what the left has to say."

That is what both, the left and the right, have been doing for decades. The left was on the "censor everything" war path for the last 8 years and, as you point out, it's the right's turn. Understanding things in context, being consistent, and actually having core principled beliefs appear to be going the way of common sense which, sadly, isn't very common any longer.

In the past, I have actually copied, and linked, prior posts of some JP posters which clearly showed that they had actually argued the 100% opposite of what they claimed to believe in that current post. More than a few times, the previous posts were less than a week apart. It all depended on who (D or R) did/said something or something was being done to, and who they (the poster) blindly, and without daring to ever question, followed.
Needless to say, none of those specific posters I had those sorts of "debates" with post in JP any longer (by their own choice).

For the record, Mike, I do not think you are a poor debater which is why I stated that I believed you are better than that.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Julius Caesar and the protestors - MikeC/TX on 6/18/17 4:43pm
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - bagger on 6/19/17 6:14am
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - MikeC/TX on 6/19/17 5:38pm
 Try this "spin" - bagger on 6/20/17 8:35am
 Kathy Griffin was forewarned. -  Stoli on 6/20/17 2:24pm
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - bagger on 6/21/17 7:08am
 Just because Bagger doesn't agree with you, -  Stoli on 6/19/17 7:07pm
 Re: Just because Bagger doesn - bagger on 6/20/17 5:31am
 Re: Just because Bagger doesn - MikeC/TX on 6/21/17 6:40pm
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - Moneyman/TX on 6/21/17 11:34am
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - MikeC/TX on 6/21/17 7:06pm
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - Moneyman/TX on 6/22/17 7:03pm
 Re: Julius Caesar and the protestors - bagger on 6/24/17 2:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.