Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Puerto Rico, Mike you hit the nail on the head!
Posted by  Cari of IL on 10/1/17 9:58am Msg #71036
This President is absolutely clueless! I swear his daddy must have paid for his education outright w/out him actually taking any classes!

Puerto Rico, my father's homeland and thus my second homeland, is small but vast; there are many smaller roads off the main roads, which aren't many, which lead up and down mountains where you'll find the smaller, wood frame and metal houses, that by now are most certainly blown away by Hurricane Irma. God only knows where those folks are.

My great great grandmother's house is gone, uncles, aunts, relatives who were inherited land, but couldn't afford to build better homes, are now homeless, and DO NOT want to come to the U.S. I don't blame them, PR is their home and has been all of their lives. But I won't give up on my family and only encourage them to come to us here in Chicago for help.

We need more teams going into the bush to find these smaller off map homes, where I'm positive they will find folks washed out of their homes, and also from mudslides. Keep in mind, most homes are built on mountain sides. So many people 3.4 million, more than Chicago's population. Can you imagine being w/out communication so as to ask for help, no way to get on the main roads, due to down trees, wires, or if they're injured, no clean water, no food. My heart aches whenever I think about this. On my personal FB page, we have nothing but PR news going back and forth. It is touching, awesome and I'm so proud of my people helping each other out by sharing stories about what's going on over here and over there. Talk about a United People! My hairs stick up on my arms just thinking about this. I'm so very proud!

But whenever I hear Trump, opening his fkn mouth to slam the PR leaders, it makes me so angry. He has no fkn clue.

I have heard from some of our family but not all of them. New cell towers going up, but at a snails pace, and for some to get to the main roads, so that they may find a signal, takes gas. Precious gas that they have to decide whether to use for their cars or for the small generators keeping electricity up in their homes. Can you imagine making that choice? Gas station lines up to 8 hrs or more. In the heat. I am so glad that the US military is finally out there because there was no control. PR government did not have the resources needed for such a disaster. PR doesn't have its own military service. Thugs were threatening the locals w/guns and cutting in line to get gas. The PR National Guard couldn't cover all the areas.

The fact that 40% of Americans didn't know about PR's history is tragic. WTF do they teach kids in school about US history. PR is part of that.

The last referendum the island held this year, I think it was like 97% voted to become the 51st state. We will see what Congress wants to do now.

As far as Hawaii, yeah, God forbid they get hit with a Volcano taking out most of the smaller islands, then what?

I recently read a bulletin from FEMA saying that they do not have accurate flood maps? I stopped reading, it just pissed me off. WTF. Really?

Please keep Puerto Rico in your prayers. 3.4 Million People Need Help Now.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Puerto Rico - MikeC/TX on 9/30/17 6:15pm
 Re: Puerto Rico - FGX/NJ on 9/30/17 6:34pm
 Re: Puerto Rico - MikeC/TX on 9/30/17 10:24pm
 Re: Puerto Rico - FGX/NJ on 9/30/17 6:47pm
 Re: Puerto Rico - MikeC/TX on 9/30/17 10:47pm
 There were hundreds of cargo sitting in the Port of San -  Cari on 10/1/17 10:10am
 Re: Puerto Rico - FGX/NJ on 9/30/17 7:02pm
 Re: Puerto Rico - MikeC/TX on 9/30/17 11:18pm
 Now Geraldo Rivera is out there, blasting her as well... -  Cari on 10/1/17 10:16am
 Re: Now Geraldo Rivera is out there, blasting her as well... - MikeC/TX on 10/1/17 5:07pm
 Puerto Rico, Mike you hit the nail on the head! -  Cari on 10/1/17 9:58am
 Re: Puerto Rico, Mike you hit the nail on the head! - MikeC/TX on 10/1/17 5:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.