Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Flew past my target weight today eating like a pig!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 4/5/18 11:49pm Msg #30172
Skipped a whole number today and landed a pound under my moving target weight. That has happened several times now and stabilizes within a day or two.

I say 'target' and not 'goal' as a goal seems to have an end in mind. 'Moving' because it's controlled by what I eat not entirely how much I eat.

I posted the video link below because it explains how when you just eat less you won't continue to lose weight. Your body is smart, and to conserve energy it adjusts your hormones, especially insulin, and slows your metabolism, thus plateauing your weight loss. Whatever fewer calories you take in, your body will adjust to. It's extremely difficult if not impossible to move from there without getting the weight back. Ever seen a Biggest Loser reunion? No? And you never will. They use extreme dieting and extreme exercises just to gain most of it back.

On the other hand, if you fast for even short periods, and your primary food store in your stomach is gone, your body will run off your secondary food store, your fat. It's a slow process so encourages a life change in eating, and some fasting, not a set goal.

Since I only eat when I'm hungry, I find myself skipping more lunches, even looking forward to pigging out at dinner, mostly all organic. I top it with a couple of TJ's cookies, or a handful of dates or figs to cure the sweet tooth. Then I'm stuffed like a pig.

Dinner tonight consisted of grilled string beans over quinoa, grilled salmon, and a custom salad with fifteen ingredients PLUS grilled bits of a sweet potato I discovered hiding in the garden yesterday when planting a tomato. Sweet! Followed by coffee and organic cookies for desert I feel like a pig! My wife joined my in the ritual.

I partial fasted a couple of weeks ago for 18 hours, missing breakfast and lunch and found my appetite was suppressed by around 8:30. Again the below video. Adrenalin kicked in and I was never so energetic and active plus had more clarity of mind and got so much done. Try it! I plan on doing this once a week and eventually fast one whole day a week. I actually ate at a Black Angus twice two weeks ago with all the fixings and large desert when visiting family. I hate being a stick in the mud and appreciate enjoying a common meal with family and friends. Then I just go back and slowly aim for the target. I got behind a couple of days but was back on track in no time. The underlying truth was I felt a little sick after eating red meat again.

I feel like I am hitting a plateau and understand the 'two compartment' fact which is very real. I have no illusions. This is not about just shedding a few pounds, it's very much about altering the way we eat and live or don't. My wife's Gerd attacks have almost come to a standstill so she's more onboard then I thought she might be.

The truth is diets don't work in the long run for most people. If so, we wouldn't have a largely obese society addicted to fast foods with diabetes, kidney and organ failures.

Make the best of your lives. Be more energetic which will make you more active, have more clarity of thought, eat more tasty dishes, eat like a pig, and live longer!

just my .02
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Flew past my target weight today eating like a pig! - Bear900/CA on 4/5/18 11:49pm
 Inspector Gadget showed up all day today - Bear900/CA on 4/7/18 12:22am
 Way to go!! -  JanetK_CA on 4/7/18 10:50pm
 Re: Way to go!! - Bear900/CA on 4/8/18 12:01pm
 RE: Keeping you posted - Bear900/CA on 4/10/18 3:33pm
 The Last Supper - Bear900/CA on 4/10/18 3:55pm
 Re: The Last Supper - HisHughness on 4/10/18 9:03pm
 Re: The Last Supper - Bear900/CA on 4/10/18 11:10pm
 Almost tossed my salad today - Bear900/CA on 4/10/18 11:33pm
 Climate Change - Bear900/CA on 4/10/18 11:19pm
 I made it! 36 hours - Bear900/CA on 4/13/18 1:29am
 When is your big day? -  JanetK_CA on 4/17/18 1:34am
 Re: When is your big day? - NVLSlady/VA on 4/17/18 2:35pm
 Who... ME? - Bear900/CA on 4/17/18 6:44pm
 Wishing you smooth sailing! -  JanetK_CA on 4/18/18 3:06pm
 "We have a live one here!" - Bear900/CA on 4/20/18 1:15am
 Easier to guess the movie and not a mivie. . - Bear900/CA on 4/20/18 1:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.