Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Here's what I have learned from the local DMV
Posted by  Lisa Prestegard of FL on 4/3/07 2:26pm Msg #183547
I have had numerous drivers licenses with the maiden name used as a middle name and it ALWAYS presents a problem with CW/FSL and their redundant identification documentation.

It was explained to me this way by my local DMV: When women in Hispanic cultures marry, they will retain their maiden name and use it as described in your post... as a middle name. It STAYS with them throughout their marriage. American culture, on the other hand, is the opposite. In most cases, women will drop their maiden name and use their first, middle and married name as their legal, identifying name.
The situation you described usually occurs when the DMV employee is Hispanic. The employee will casually ask the lady renewing her license for her maiden name, and WHOOP! 'der it is! Bigger than life on her DL.
Like I said, not my opinion... just relating the information that was given to me by the local Driver's License bureau when I inquired about the practice.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 NC Drivers Licenses -  NCsignguy on 4/3/07 11:15am
 Re: NC Drivers Licenses -  Linda_H/FL on 4/3/07 12:18pm
 Re: "does not satisfy NOTARIAL identification guidelines.." n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 4/3/07 12:19pm
 Re: NC Drivers Licenses - Art_MD on 4/3/07 12:39pm
 Re: NC Drivers Licenses -  NCLisa on 4/3/07 12:26pm
 Here's what I have learned from the local DMV -  Lisa Prestegard on 4/3/07 2:26pm
 Re: Lisa - I really wish Florida would standardize their -  Linda_H/FL on 4/3/07 2:44pm
 Re: Lisa - I really wish Florida would standardize their -  Sylvia_FL on 4/3/07 3:09pm
 Don't hold your breath, Linda n/m -  Lisa Prestegard on 4/3/07 3:19pm
 We think about this stuff all of the time. Problem is the... - Bob_Chicago on 4/3/07 4:37pm
 Re: NC Drivers Licenses -  NCsignguy on 4/5/07 1:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.