Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

In my neck o' the woods ...
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 1/21/20 11:26am Msg #614814
… I have come to call these "spaghetti signings." Throw it against the wall, and see if it sticks. In other words, it's likely no oversight they can't seem to find a contact number. They want you to show up unannounced at the appointed time, and hope that your presence so intimidates the occupants that they will invite you in and somehow someway you'll bring the loan home for this lender ... a loan these people don't want and would have told you that at the start if you had been provided a contact number.

In fact, come to think of it, I just had another one earlier this month. No contact number. Couldn't be found. Hidden under the mattress, I guess. "Just show up, Suzie the LO will be there." Waited until I had the 1003, called the guy to confirm. No way, he said. Don't come over. I hate this loan and told them so. I reported this to the local settlement company, and I could tell they were in cahoots with Suzie and that they were really annoyed I had taken it upon myself to use the 1003. They also had lied to me that the LO was going to be at the signing. Not according to the guy. They were hoping that I would think everything was legit if Suzie was going to be there and that I wouldn't need to confirm. Just show up.

Hopefully, that's not the case where you live. I suspect it will turn out to be fine …. but like I said, in my area this ruse is not uncommon, especially with apps, which I don't take anymore for exactly this reason.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Lender has no contact info for borrower? -  Yoli/CA on 1/21/20 9:55am
 Re: Lender has no contact info for borrower? - Luckydog on 1/21/20 9:58am
 In my neck o' the woods ... - BearPaw/CO on 1/21/20 11:26am
 Lots of competition in just about every business -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/21/20 1:00pm
 Re: In my neck o - MariaMO on 1/21/20 10:30pm
 Re: In my neck o -  JanetK_CA on 1/22/20 2:40am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.