Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: START OVER
Posted by jojo_MN of MN on 10/9/20 10:26am Msg #625297
I am a resident in the state of Minnesota. During 2016 election, I was not going to be available to vote on that date due to being out of town, so chose to do an absentee ballot. The ballot is place into an envelope and sealed. The person voting would sign the envelope, as well as a witness who would have to print her name and address on the envelope. The witness had to be a registered voter in the state of Minnesota (maybe same county, but can't remember). That envelope is then placed in another envelope and mailed. All of the envelopes necessary is mailed and labeled to voter with the ballot.

It is only notarized if done outside of MN and the witness requirements couldn't be met. They have to be done in this manner, because anyone could just get the ballots and return many of them since there is no proof of a vote, unlike the in-person voting where your name is checked off as having voted and to make sure you only vote once.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 MN Mail in Voter Ballot - Notary help -  KC/CA on 10/7/20 12:17pm
 Re: MN Mail in Voter Ballot - Notary help -  Yoli/CA on 10/7/20 12:25pm
 START OVER -  VT_Syrup on 10/7/20 1:22pm
 Re: START OVER -  KC Jones on 10/7/20 2:20pm
 Re: START OVER....jeez Louise... - Linda_H/FL on 10/7/20 2:45pm
 Two things I recommend you check out with SOS/Handbook -  JanetK_CA on 10/7/20 4:45pm
 Re: START OVER - jojo_MN on 10/9/20 10:26am
 Re: START OVER -  VT_Syrup on 10/9/20 11:20am
 Problem I see with VT's solution ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/9/20 12:57pm
 Re: Problem I see with VT -  VT_Syrup on 10/9/20 2:12pm
 Re: MN Mail in Voter Ballot - Notary help - Kellosh/CA on 10/10/20 11:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.