Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please
Posted by GAMMYx3/MA of MA on 1/13/21 10:04pm Msg #628501
Monday I did a signing with a couple. Specific instructions on this was NOT given by Freedom Mortgage. the form showed the signer without middle initial in the documents. Signer had a middle initial on ID. form stated "I hereby certify that signer with middle initial is one and the same as signer without middle initial" and the same line had a date line. Note that in the area of the name with middle initial that was NO corresponding line for the signer to use to sign but below it were 4 blank lines. Based on having done this for 20 years if there was no corresponding line for the "with initial" signer to sign I only have had them sign on the line that has their name below it. Today I get a call saying that I need to go back and have them resign it as the "LENDER" is requiring it to fund the loan. I do not believe I did anything wrong and neither does the company that hired me...we agreed and she is paying a small additional fee out of her pocket to have it done. The signer is an ex loan officer and was very angry.. told me this was a "CROCK and that I hope they are paying you to resign this?"

This situation is a first for me and today was my second Freedom Mortgage signing in two days...in anticipation of this happening again I met that signer AFTER I had met with him and had him sign that in the same place with his name with initial ...lucky he only works 1/2 mile from me and I was able to get his docs completed and out on time with the signature name affidavit signed the way I was instructed to today...in other words CYA before it came back to bit me in the butt tomorrow when I am unable to meet with the signer due to other commitments.

I want to state that BOTH signers stated that if it was not for the great interest rate that they were getting they would NOT have gone with this lender...one took 7 months to complete and the other 5 months.

I am interested in your opinions....I am not trying to start a war in asking this so please just opinions.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please - GAMMYx3/MA on 1/13/21 10:04pm
 Re: Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please - Clem/CA on 1/13/21 10:32pm
 Agreeing with Clem/CA! -  Ernest__CT on 1/16/21 9:15pm
 Re: Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/21 4:36am
 Re: Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please - GAMMYx3/MA on 1/14/21 7:38am
 Re: Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please -  Yoli/CA on 1/14/21 9:22am
 Re: Signature Name Affidavit OPINIONS please - NVLSlady/VA on 1/14/21 12:11pm
 Didn't think in CA that would pass muster, tho. - NVLSlady/VA on 1/14/21 2:14pm
 I see a few cos. that have specific instructions on the -  MW/VA on 1/14/21 7:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.