Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Fast and loose with the term "single"
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 1/27/21 7:24pm Msg #628893
I accepted a last minute signing tonight via Snapdocs from First Signing Service. They pushed the order as "single doc" for $60. Even though that's on the low end, I had a last minute cancellation with one of my regulars and I figured something there was better than nothing. When I received the download, however, it turned out to be four docs, three of which were notarized. I asked for the fee to be increased to $75, which is still low but reflected the additional time and work. They refused, and tried to claim that any package under 25 pages is a single doc signing, regardless of how many individual documents it includes. (HA!) I informed them that four documents, three with notarization, requires me to spend more time and materials with the client to review and complete the signing. They were very condescending that they have "thousands of notaries," and this is "what everyone does."

No, it isn't, and no, it's not.

"Well, maybe you're new to this, but..."

"No, I've been doing this for almost twenty years, and I know what my time and experience is worth."

Told them to either increase the fee and treat me as a professional, or remove me from the signing. They immediately removed me. I immediately blocked them.

I was insulted by their attempt to redefine what "single" means. SINGLE MEANS SINGLE. The market value for me to do one document is $30 ($15x2signers). $60 last minute on a rainy night with a value of $30 of notary services is something I'm willing to accept to fill in a void. The market rate for three notarizations is $90. That ain't happening.

So unprofessional.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fast and loose with the term "single" - Kellosh/CA on 1/27/21 7:24pm
 Good for you!! - FeliseSoCal on 1/27/21 8:02pm
 Re: Fast and loose with the term "single" - Luckydog on 1/27/21 8:24pm
 Re: Fast and loose with the term "single" - pdl/cali on 1/27/21 10:24pm
 Good for you. They need you more than you need the craziness -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/28/21 10:25am
 Re: Fast and loose with the term "single" -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/21 11:11pm
 What Signing Service was it again? n/m - notarydi/CA on 1/29/21 5:59pm
 Re: What Signing Service was it again? -  Yoli/CA on 1/30/21 12:01pm
 Doesn't matter. Too many try this bait & switch. n/m - Lee/AR on 1/30/21 1:07pm
 Re: Fast and loose with the term "single" -  canotaryhere on 2/3/21 6:06am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.