Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia)
Posted by Jennifer Meyers of VA on 2/23/21 4:07pm Msg #629809
Hi! I am in desperate need of help with creating my digital certificate. I'm commissioned with the Commonwealth of Virginia and received an email after submitting my electronic notary application stating that my current digital certificate is not complete. They sent me the requirements that need to be on the certificate along with instructions from IdenTrust (my certificate authority provider) on how to create my signature in Adobe. Unfortunately however, the instructions/images do not match exactly what I see in my Adobe (version 2021.001.20138 which was the latest version out as far as I know.) I have been back and forth with IdenTrust support for at least the past 2-3 weeks trying to figure this out since what I see on my screen is not completely identical to what the instructions show and I've sent them numerous screenshots as well as two videos that show exactly what I'm looking at. Needless to say since I'm here, they have been less than helpful and I don't even think are looking at the images or videos I send. I'm at a loss here as to what to do, as is my manager since I'm the first from VA they've hired in my department so we're all learning together! I am hoping that someone here might be able to help or I'm not sure how exactly to move forward. I'm a newbie here so I don't know if or how I can post images/screenshots but I do have those available as well as the videos I sent to IdenTrust.

Basically, my main issue seems to be that when I go to upload an image to my digital certificate (I have my eSeal saved as PDF since instructions specifically state must be in pdf form), nothing shows up. I even tried .jpg and .png to see if it's just pdf's that aren't uploading or if it's everything and I can't get any image to show up. Again, my screen/options look different than their's so that seems to be a big issue as far as getting assistance from them.

Really hoping someone is familiar and can help! Thank you in advance!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia) - Jennifer Meyers on 2/23/21 4:07pm
 Re: Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia) - VT_Syrup on 2/23/21 4:38pm
 Re: Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia) - VT_Syrup on 2/23/21 5:49pm
 Re: Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia) - Jennifer Meyers on 2/23/21 6:54pm
 Re: Needing help creating my digital certificate (Virginia) - VT_Syrup on 2/23/21 7:31pm
 Are you using Adobe DC? n/m -  CPNS2006 on 2/24/21 9:30am
 so download an older version of the software - Clem/CA on 2/24/21 8:51am
 Re: so download an older version of the software - VT_Syrup on 2/24/21 10:03am
 Re: so download an older version of the software - Jennifer Meyers on 2/24/21 2:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.