Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Map program, being currently used by, Mobile Notary
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/5/21 12:04am Msg #632561
You've got a bunch of options available to you:

1) Use Google Maps to plot out your route and print a hard copy. Good luck checking the maps while you're in traffic...

2) Use Google Maps on your cell phone. Be aware that this will suck the life out of your battery, so you really need a charger for the car. Plus you have to keep taking your eyes off the road to read the map.

3) Use Waze on your cellphone. Same as #2, slightly more accurate, but almost impossible to turn off while you're driving. Yes, I know I've reached my destination, so please shut up! Whoever designed this thing decided that the MOST important thing you could ever do with your phone is getting directions...

4) Buy a Garmin. Not as sexy as the phone apps, but this puppy sits on your dashboard and is easy to read quickly without endangering your life by taking your eyes off the road for more than a second. It does not offer real-time updates - you have to update the device manually every 6 months or so (depending on where you live and what highway construction is like) by downloading new maps, but overall it does a pretty good job.

Whatever method you choose to use, do not follow it blindly. Be aware of where it's directing you. I posted a message in Leisure recently about how my Garmin once directed me to do a Thelma and Louise off a thirty-foot cliff...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Map program, being currently used by, Mobile Notary's - Hiram on 6/3/21 4:55pm
 Re: Map program, being currently used by, Mobile Notary - Luckydog on 6/3/21 5:07pm
 I use Google maps. I look it up on my desktop but have nav -  MW/VA on 6/3/21 5:19pm
 Re:Lucky-you can still get calls when using Google App n/m - Heather Reinhold on 6/3/21 8:11pm
 Yes. It doesn't interfere with calls. n/m -  MW/VA on 6/4/21 8:19am
 It *does* drain the battery though. - Linda_H/FL on 6/4/21 9:45am
 I Use Google Maps For Everything . . . - PegiT_MN on 6/4/21 12:17pm
 Re: Re:Lucky-you can still get calls when using Google App - Luckydog on 6/4/21 10:17am
 Google Map/MapQuest n/m - Linda_H/FL on 6/3/21 6:40pm
 Re:Google's my go to w/printed copy if goes offline driving n/m - Heather Reinhold on 6/3/21 8:08pm
 Re: Map program, being currently used by, Mobile Notary -  JanetK_CA on 6/4/21 11:43am
 I loved Microsoft Streets and Trips and was disappointed -  Teresa/FL on 6/4/21 3:56pm
 Re: I loved Microsoft Streets and Trips and was disappointed - Hiram on 6/4/21 7:31pm
 Re: Map program, being currently used by, Mobile Notary - MikeC/TX on 6/5/21 12:04am
 Google maps talks, just like Waze - Linda_H/FL on 6/5/21 8:08am
 Re: Yes LY GM talks, Yes Cheryl Safety First and Mike RE: #1 - Heather Reinhold on 6/5/21 10:52am
 Re: Yes LY GM talks, Yes Cheryl Safety First and Mike RE: #1 -  JanetK_CA on 6/5/21 6:02pm
 Excellent discussion on pros and cons of map resources -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/5/21 6:45am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.