Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Due Diligence
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 6/6/24 7:57am Msg #648578
Hi Anna! I agree with you. It is difficult to discern the seriously professional, ethical new companies from those out to scam the unsuspecting. And, you just reminded me of something I encountered several years ago .

I received a call from a new-to-me company for a signing. I immediately looked them up here on NotRot. Well, there were 3 companies with very similar names located in AZ, CA and TX and I told the caller about this. She immediately informed me that she had just moved her company from CA to Dallas, TX and enthusiastically expounded on hers being a trustworthy company and should not be confused with the 2-star company in Cypress, TX. She voluntarily gave me 3 business references -- mind you, these were 3 TCs to contact for her history with them -- and her EIN number to verify with IRS. It was like I was taking her credit application. I loved her enthusiasm and her straightforwardness. Smile She gained my trust. It's been several years and we're still working together.

You're correct. We are extending credit. Ask the questions. Get the references. Get their EIN and check them out. Obviously, it's not unheard of.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Service Scammers - How do you make sure you get paid - TxFox on 6/5/24 8:05pm
 Due Diligence -  Yoli/CA on 6/5/24 8:46pm
 Re: Due Diligence - Anna Fox on 6/6/24 7:12am
 Re: Due Diligence -  Yoli/CA on 6/6/24 7:57am
 Re: Signing Service Scammers - How do you make sure you get paid -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/6/24 9:19am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.