Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

knowing what you saw and assuming you know what happened
Posted by sigtogo/OR of OR on 2/2/23 1:15pm Msg #82405
are two different things.

the responses here are fantastical conspiratorial thinking. try a little imagination and empathy.

Imagine: it's 2am, you are home alone, asleep. You are awakened by a large man wielding a hammer demanding to know where your spouse is. Are you going to start screaming, and likely be killed, or try to think of a way to defuse?

For an 82 yr old awakened in the middle of the night to think of ways to get the intruder to allow him into the bathroom where his phone is and be able to call 911 is pretty astute thinking and action. Using calm voice when making the 911 call in hopes the operator (who probably should be fired) would catch on to something bad happening was probably his best bet for surviving the ordeal. Screaming to the 911 operator would also likely have gotten himself killed.

offering to wait for Nancy to return, again, was buying himself time while waiting, praying for police intervention.

Who knows why he had a drink of some sorts in his hand? You certainly don't. Maybe, he was offering the guy a drink to defuse and distract.

As. far as knocking on the door. It happened and is on video. How the police could not know they were at Pelosi's house is a mystery. How much of their actions were led by the 911 operator? definitely seems to be a need to evaluate how they responded and why.

When the door was opened, how would it have helped for Pelosi to start yelling for help. the guy is holding his hand and arm raised, ready to strike. The police apparently tried to also defuse by asking him to drop the hammer. seems they were slow to act but hard to conclude with what little we know and the time from door opening to Pelosi being struck is only a few seconds.

smiling? seriously? that is fear you are seeing and everyone exhibits it differently.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I love it when a conspiracy theory is thoroughly debunked - MikeC/TX on 1/27/23 6:00pm
 Coincidentally, as I read this they are showing the - Linda_H/FL on 1/28/23 9:46am
 Re: Coincidentally, as I read this they are showing the - MikeC/TX on 1/28/23 3:25pm
 Re: Coincidentally, as I read this they are showing the - PaigeTurner on 1/28/23 5:10pm
 Video not on the media in entirety - PaigeTurner on 1/28/23 5:18pm
 Re: Coincidentally, as I read this they are showing the - MikeC/TX on 1/28/23 5:51pm
 Re: Coincidentally, as I read this they are showing the - Linda_H/FL on 1/29/23 10:25am
 Not to pile on, but I'm going to - Linda_H/FL on 1/30/23 2:04pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I - MikeC/TX on 1/30/23 4:44pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I - Linda_H/FL on 1/30/23 4:46pm
 knowing what you saw and assuming you know what happened - sigtogo/OR on 2/2/23 1:15pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I - MikeC/TX on 2/2/23 5:28pm
 #82169 thread - PaigeTurner on 2/3/23 11:08am
 seriously, that's your interpretation? trying to be funny? n/m - sigtogo/OR on 2/3/23 7:59pm
 Re: seriously, that - PaigeTurner on 2/4/23 2:40pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I - PaigeTurner on 1/31/23 7:37am
 Re: Not to pile on, but I -  janCA on 2/2/23 1:33pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I - PaigeTurner on 2/2/23 2:17pm
 Re: Not to pile on, but I -  JanetK_CA on 2/2/23 7:25pm
 Video didn't lie, problem is your assumptions. - sigtogo/OR on 2/3/23 8:33am
 Re: Video didn - PaigeTurner on 2/3/23 11:19am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.