Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Someone please explain this to me
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 3/28/21 12:11am Msg #78223
Are you serious??? Look at what you're saying:

"The new law in Georgia requires more stringent voter verification requirements for absentee ballots, allows state officials to take over election boards and limits ballot drop boxes that make it easier for people to vote."

The state can step in and take over local election boards?? That allows them to nullify the election results in any county that doesn't vote the way they want them to vote. Any legal vote can be discarded. Do you understand the implications of a law like this?

And you have a problem with making it easier to vote? Jeebus, isn't that the whole point of a democratic system - that the people should be allowed to vote, to decide what their government should look like? We should be making it EASIER to vote, not harder- and don't give me the BS about voter fraud, because it doesn't exist.

Laws like this have one purpose and one purpose only - to suppress the ability of the people to vote. During the Jim Crow era, blacks had to be able to guess the number of beans in a jar or complete a complicated puzzle before they were allowed to vote (and yes, you can Google it). This law is basically the same thing, updated for the 21st century. It was passed AND signed in less than a day (in private - a GA legislator was arrested for knocking on the Governor's door while he held a private signing ceremony, and yeah, that's on YouTube).

The law has absolutely nothing to do with election security - it's all about voter suppression, and will probably not withstand a court challenge.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 6:34pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - Art_MD on 3/26/21 8:00pm
 I was a poll worker for Obama's first term - Linda_H/FL on 3/27/21 11:50am
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 4:08pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - Linda_H/FL on 3/27/21 4:11pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 5:16pm
 Not as legal as you seem to think, Mike - Moneyman/TX on 3/29/21 8:28am
 Considering the law already on the books for GA - Moneyman/TX on 3/29/21 9:02am
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - Luckydog on 3/27/21 11:10am
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 5:07pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - shooterclay on 3/27/21 7:22pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 11:46pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - Luckydog on 3/27/21 7:44pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/28/21 12:11am
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - Luckydog on 3/28/21 12:28pm
 Re: Someone please explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 3/28/21 5:09pm
 ANY mailbox is a drop box for a mail-in ballot n/m - Moneyman/TX on 3/29/21 9:30am
 If you get a mail-in ballot, your own mailbox is a drop box - Moneyman/TX on 3/29/21 9:28am
 We have them here in FL - Linda_H/FL on 3/30/21 2:25pm
 Re: If you get a mail-in ballot, your own mailbox is a drop box - MikeC/TX on 3/31/21 5:41pm
 Use the post office then, geez n/m - Luckydog on 3/31/21 8:48pm
 Re: Use the post office then, geez - MikeC/TX on 4/1/21 4:38pm
 Re: Use the post office then, geez - Luckydog on 4/1/21 6:52pm
 Dems: claimed mail-in voting is safe for a yr -- Now: Not so - Moneyman/TX on 4/12/21 11:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.