Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Can someone please explain to me why...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/14/23 6:46pm Msg #82282
Yes, I personally saw the tweets claiming that the Dems are coming for our gas stoves. They were from people like Senators Marsha Blackburn, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul. Blackburn is a moron and probably believes it; both Cruz and Paul know they're lying and are probably just trying to rile up their base and make this another "culture war" issue they can use to fundraise, all the while giggling about how gullible their supporters are. Then there are D-list "celebrities" like Kevin Sorbo (he once played Hercules on TV) who tweeted that "they will have to pry my gas stove from my cold, dead hands". Seriously, that's what he said.

There are problems with natural gas, especially in a closed space like a home. There is evidence that it may contribute to asthma in children because it emits other compounds like methane and carbon monoxide, and it IS dangerous - we've had several instances here in the past few years where houses have blown up due to a gas leak. We probably shouldn't be using it, but there's no truth to the rumor that the Dems are planning to ban it and confiscate gas stoves, which is the false story that the GOP is currently trying to sell.

I don't pretend to know what the solution is, but until alternatives are developed we're stuck with what we have. We're killing our planet and there is no Plan B; we need to find a way to fix it.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Can someone please explain to me why... n/m - MikeC/TX on 1/13/23 10:01pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/13/23 10:16pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - Linda_H/FL on 1/14/23 9:38am
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 2:13pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/14/23 4:04pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 6:46pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/15/23 2:36pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/15/23 5:59pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/18/23 11:33am
 You asked where it came from - Linda_H/FL on 1/14/23 5:14pm
 Re: You asked where it came from - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 6:55pm
 Re: You asked where it came from - Amigoaz on 1/15/23 10:30am
 M&M's - PaigeTurner on 1/14/23 4:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.