Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Can someone please explain to me why...
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 1/15/23 2:36pm Msg #82287
It's very dangerous. I grew up with 2 stoves and a water heater, a gas furnace and I think the dryer were all on -natural gas. They swore it was the best and cannot cook on an electric stove. BS, it's what they wanted and used to, and you always had to make sure the pilot light was on. Fireplaces are also dangerous and if you burn in them, clean the chimney and the vent. Back in the day, talking about the pre-1980s, people were smarter about all of that than the people of today, especially up north. That knowledge was passed down I think. Now, not so much.
I think people go for the cheapest way to go and what their housing supports. I have a relative outside Boston and use a boiler heater. I have always been all-electric living in the south and I think it is the best of all and cleanest.
You always see a few blocks that blow up per year in various areas because of gas leaks. I guess no one has a nose and can smell it ahead of time. IDK.
I cannot see businesses such as restaurants ever cooking on electric stoves or factories going all-electric, but I do believe they can phase out residential gas or just increase the price for it and they will make the change. As far as the same "good old boys" on the right who like to stir the pot, I think is getting old. They will tweet themselves out of credibility if they continue the insanity.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Can someone please explain to me why... n/m - MikeC/TX on 1/13/23 10:01pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/13/23 10:16pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - Linda_H/FL on 1/14/23 9:38am
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 2:13pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/14/23 4:04pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 6:46pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/15/23 2:36pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - MikeC/TX on 1/15/23 5:59pm
 Re: Can someone please explain to me why... - PaigeTurner on 1/18/23 11:33am
 You asked where it came from - Linda_H/FL on 1/14/23 5:14pm
 Re: You asked where it came from - MikeC/TX on 1/14/23 6:55pm
 Re: You asked where it came from - Amigoaz on 1/15/23 10:30am
 M&M's - PaigeTurner on 1/14/23 4:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.