Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: What it means to be "woke"
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 3/12/23 6:56pm Msg #82674
You also said that Trump wouldn't be President, so I'd be worried if I were you, your track record isn't great.

Woke doesn't mean riots, hatred, and crime. It means causing division and distraction. A national distraction in children, the teachings in the classroom, and the country in general about race, gender, and sexual orientation. If you don't want discrimination of any kind, then quit promoting it with the woke agenda.
I personally don't want our elementary-aged children immersed in this. Why does a 1st grader need to know about sexual orientation and be given the option to choose the gender or pronoun they identify with? That is nonsense. After they get into college, let it be their decision once they turn 18 and pay for any sexual modifications they want on their own, and be who they want to be after they are an adult.
All this is about nothing. When I was in school, not even once did any of this come up, HS or even college. This is a newly created agenda to distract and divide from the left once again.

I cannot speak for the black parents and what they teach their children at home, but everything begins at home on both sides That means discipline, love, nurturing, teaching, and being colorblind to racism. If you raise your babies a certain way and instill fear in them about police and white people, then that is the problem, they grow up with that notion from little on. Parents pass that fear on over generations.
If you raise your white babies with fear and hatred of people of black or brown skin color and religions, then that is a problem as well.

If there was no discrimination, they wouldn't have any emotion about it from the beginning, black or white.
I am also not insensitive to the "bad cops" out there who target black males but that is something other than woke. That is demographics. If you live in a predominantly black area that is crime-ridden, then the odds of mostly black arrests occurring and interactions with blacks and cops will happen.
We also have mainly white mass shooters and serial killers in the USA. I can't think of one serial killer who was black. None of this has to do with being "woke" though, it has to do with parents and how they raise their children and the love and acceptance they get at home. Until that get's reformed, nothing changes.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 What it means to be "woke" - MikeC/TX on 3/9/23 5:05pm
 It's all word salad to me. n/m - Lee/AR on 3/9/23 6:12pm
 Re: What it means to be "woke" - PaigeTurner on 3/10/23 3:41pm
 Re: What it means to be "woke" -  JanetK_CA on 3/10/23 6:07pm
 Re: What it means to be "woke" - MikeC/TX on 3/11/23 5:27pm
 "Aware"???? n/m - Lee/AR on 3/11/23 6:10pm
 No - try "asleep" n/m - MikeC/TX on 3/12/23 6:47pm
 Very well said - and spot on! -  JanetK_CA on 3/11/23 6:26pm
 We had 3 girls who went to public school - Linda_H/FL on 3/11/23 10:12pm
 Very well stated Linda! n/m - NJW/FL on 3/12/23 12:38pm
 Re: We had 3 girls who went to public school - MikeC/TX on 3/12/23 7:19pm
 Re: We had 3 girls who went to public school - PaigeTurner on 3/13/23 4:47pm
 Re: We had 3 girls who went to public school - MikeC/TX on 3/14/23 5:34pm
 Re: We had 3 girls who went to public school - PaigeTurner on 3/17/23 2:05pm
 Re: What it means to be "woke" - PaigeTurner on 3/12/23 6:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.