Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/12/17 5:32pm Msg #70697
You're confusing me - the article I referenced is the one you posted, which was published dated 8/10/17. I know that for sure because I'm a WAPO subscriber, and I read the article that morning in their app. There's no mention in it of a similar poll from December 2016; as I said, it was a new poll.

"I acknowledged that the poll used 650 people that "leaned" Republican and it was conducted via the internet (per the article). It is the way it was conducted (via internet) that I called attention to that could allow for anonymous responses from anyone responding to the questions posed."

They either "leaned" or "identified with" the GOP; the latter are self-described Republicans. And that's not how these kinds of internet polls are performed - participants are sent a link that is specific to them individually so that the pollster knows the demographics of the responder. It's not a free-for-all on the internet where anyone can respond.

"Until the majority of people are willing to at least accept our own responsibility in where we are when it comes to our government, I'm afraid that we might continue in this downward spiral."

Maybe the majority of American voters have finally learned the lesson. Trump's approval rating is abysmal and getting worse. He will always have his base - such as the white-supremacists and neo-Nazis we saw in VA today, but also a lot of otherwise good Americans who honestly believe in him - but that base is starting to erode slightly as supporters start to get disillusioned with him and his inability to get anything done.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Disturbing poll results - MikeC/TX on 8/10/17 11:41pm
 These people don't deserve this democracy - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 12:23pm
 All 328 in this fake poll !!!!!!!!!! n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/11/17 3:55pm
 The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 4:06pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 4:09pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 5:28pm
 Re: The poll was funded by Jeff Bezos, enough said n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/13/17 4:04pm
 You'd prefer one funded by Fox and Rupert Murdoch? n/m - MikeC/TX on 8/14/17 3:49pm
 We aren't a democracy and never have been. We are a - desktopfull on 8/12/17 1:33am
 This is why we should require links - Moneyman/TX on 8/11/17 5:29pm
 Re: This is why we should require links - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 6:10pm
 The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/12/17 3:02pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - MikeC/TX on 8/12/17 5:32pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 9:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.