Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/12/17 3:02pm Msg #70695
I got that article when I Googled "latest WAPO poll", based on info in the OP. Since you mentioned that it was a recent poll, I saw the Aug 10, 20017 dateline and assumed it to be the one you were talking about.

I never said that they were "anonymous" they way you are talking about. I acknowledged that the poll used 650 people that "leaned" Republican and it was conducted via the internet (per the article). It is the way it was conducted (via internet) that I called attention to that could allow for anonymous responses from anyone responding to the questions posed.

I also called into question the newspaper's conclusions that "... Republicans...". If a person "leans" towards one party or another, that in itself means that they are not overwhelmingly on board with everything, or maybe even the majority, of what that party claims to stand for. IMO, if they wanted to focus on Republicans, they should have focused only on people who called themselves Republicans. Just as someone who leans Democratic might very well have a different response to a specific question than someone who considers themselves a die hard Democrat. I honestly believe that they would have still seen stupid (no other way to be honest about it) numbers, whatever they might have been, that would have agreed with suspending elections, etc.

"The willingness to support a call to postpone elections is also troubling. Congress will never allow that to happen, but just the fact that citizens would be willing to suspend the Constitution over the paranoid delusions of one man is very scary."

I agree! Like I've said before, we ended up with the two major candidates in 2016 because for years we, the people, have been telling each political party, and our elected politicians, that we would accept such. Take all the partisanship out of it and look at it objectively, we did it to ourselves, overall, because we were too busy to, or afraid, to hold our elected officials accountable and actually take the time to educate ourselves about who we were willing to elect to represent us (over decades, not one or two election cycles). Until the majority of people are willing to at least accept our own responsibility in where we are when it comes to our government, I'm afraid that we might continue in this downward spiral.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Disturbing poll results - MikeC/TX on 8/10/17 11:41pm
 These people don't deserve this democracy - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 12:23pm
 All 328 in this fake poll !!!!!!!!!! n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/11/17 3:55pm
 The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 4:06pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 4:09pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 5:28pm
 Re: The poll was funded by Jeff Bezos, enough said n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/13/17 4:04pm
 You'd prefer one funded by Fox and Rupert Murdoch? n/m - MikeC/TX on 8/14/17 3:49pm
 We aren't a democracy and never have been. We are a - desktopfull on 8/12/17 1:33am
 This is why we should require links - Moneyman/TX on 8/11/17 5:29pm
 Re: This is why we should require links - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 6:10pm
 The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/12/17 3:02pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - MikeC/TX on 8/12/17 5:32pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 9:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.