Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Just to clarify: OP states:
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/25/16 3:37pm Msg #552873
Yeah, sounds like someone was a bit confused at that agency. I agree that there's no circumstances where the notary could appoint themselves. If the agency was a temp service where they were actually paying the new employee, they could appoint the notary, but it sounds like that wasn't the case.

There's so much confusion with these by both new employee and new employer, that it's a breath of fresh air when they have their act together. I remember one where the new hire came equipped with a page already prepared on the new employer's letterhead for the person (notary) who was to complete the form appointing them as their "Authorized Agent". They just left blank a space to fill in the name. I think the instructions to the employee suggested they find a notary, but there was no mention of any capacity of the certifier, other than AA. It would be great if they all were like that - and if the CA SOS reversed that judgment that an I-9 form is an immigration form!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Staffing Co. References Notary Rotary for I9 Notary -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:31pm
 Re: Staffing Co. References Notary Rotary for I9 Notary -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:42pm
 For more clarity: These were Staffing Co. Instructions -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 1:47pm
 I agree that I-9 forms are a PIA & was told that VA notaries -  MW/VA on 5/24/16 2:16pm
 BTW, I had one gal who tried to insist that I put my notary -  MW/VA on 5/24/16 2:18pm
 One of my 1st notarial acts was for a co. that requested -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 8:51pm
 Just to clarify: OP states: -  sigtogo/OR on 5/24/16 5:31pm
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/24/16 8:35pm
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/16 1:58am
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/16 10:06am
 Re: Just to clarify: OP states: -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/16 3:37pm
 Hiring Agent -  NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/16 4:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.