Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Marilyn... I
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 4/23/18 4:40pm Msg #592536
In answer to your question: What steps should I take with the law firm? I think you're done with ABC since they're obviously done with you. Of course the law firm will tell you to stop calling and not provide you info that you need to file a claim against their insurance, hoping you'll just go away. But you wrote: The signing order stated that I was being "hired" to serve as the law firm's "representative" and that I was not to refer to myself as "just a notary," but a "local representative of ABC Law Firm."

So it looks to me that both the SS and ABC law firm are in cahoots with each other and can't have it both ways. It says in writing you are representing ABC (through the SS), but when things go south, all of a sudden they're sorry but are unable to assist? And nobody's liable? That's what they'd like you to think. In any case, I'd do exactly what Linda advised, esp. the part of finding a good attorney who sure as heck will find out the insurance carrier of the law firm that "hired" you and whom you "represented," as well as that of the SS who knew darn well that you were "hired" and were a "representative." Admittedly, I don't know who's liable in a rental - the renter or the property owner. I'm sure this is a slam dunk for people in the know about insurance. Property that's inherently dangerous, as this certainly was, is a lawsuit waiting to happen. IMO.

Just be sure you get a reputable attorney who collects when you collect (as Linda said).

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/23/18 1:59pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Linda_H/FL on 4/23/18 2:22pm
 Where's Hugh? IC or representative--per their instructions? - Lee/AR on 4/23/18 2:28pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/18 3:56pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/23/18 5:02pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - canotaryhere on 4/24/18 5:04pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - JkWa on 4/30/18 10:26pm
 Marilyn... I'm sorry this happened to you & sorry for not - Lee/AR on 4/23/18 3:02pm
 Re: Marilyn... I - BearPaw/CO on 4/23/18 4:40pm
 Re: Marilyn... I - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/23/18 5:10pm
 The Homeowner Is Liable For Your Injuries - PegiT_MN on 4/23/18 6:02pm
 Re: The Homeowner Is Liable For Your Injuries -  John/CT on 4/23/18 7:36pm
 Re: The Homeowner Is Liable For Your Injuries - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/24/18 10:44am
 IMO Marilyn, you really need to get a personal injury - Linda_H/FL on 4/24/18 10:53am
 Sorry...s/b "against the insurance company" n/m - Linda_H/FL on 4/24/18 10:54am
 Re: The Homeowner Is Liable For Your Injuries -  ladyknc on 4/24/18 6:22pm
 So sorry to hear that you sustained those injuries. I do -  MW/VA on 4/23/18 6:16pm
 You might also contact a personal injury lawyer yourself. -  MW/VA on 4/23/18 6:17pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - NVLSlady/VA on 4/23/18 9:31pm
 Surely "stuff" on farm needing to be insured, as well! n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 4/23/18 9:36pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/24/18 10:41am
 Personal injuries lawyers don't get paid unless they win -  MW/VA on 4/24/18 11:19am
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Luckydog on 4/23/18 10:14pm
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - PegiT_MN on 4/24/18 8:33am
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/24/18 10:50am
 Re: On the Job Injury while serving as "representative" - Marilyn June Wilson on 4/24/18 10:52am
 Contact your own homeowners insurance agent - Carolyn Bodley on 4/24/18 3:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.