Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen
Posted by snowflake/PA of PA on 11/17/18 3:12pm Msg #600388
Hi all. Don't post much, do still read all posts. Had 3 closings this past week. Why aren't we as NSA's holding title accountable for mistakes they make? They certainly remind us. Had a closing from a title co. Confirmed with seller. Get docs. Different last name than what appears on confirm. Asked title who am I actually signing? Called seller to verify again her last name. A few docs had her last name accurately. The balance of docs had an entirely different last name. I asked Seller if she had ever been known as or used that different last name. She said no and didn't know where it was coming from. I asked title to revise/correct last name and resend to me. Title's response was to "have seller strike through, initial and put in correct last name". Last names weren't even similar. "Smith" became "Jones".

I was furious for the sloppy work. Had it been my personal transaction, I would have refused to sign until documents were corrected. Laziness and sloppiness. Would have taken one minute to correct all.

My rant. Sorry.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - snowflake/PA on 11/17/18 3:12pm
 Re: Sloppy LOLOLOLOL n/m - snowflake/PA on 11/17/18 3:14pm
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - schlub/NC on 11/17/18 4:04pm
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - Yoli/CA on 11/17/18 4:15pm
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - Luckydog on 11/17/18 5:48pm
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - rengel/CA on 11/18/18 12:58pm
 and if a name correction is missed, is it your fault? -  sigtogo/OR on 11/18/18 1:33pm
 Mistakes happen & they're usually very grateful that we -  MW/VA on 11/18/18 5:11pm
 Agree MW/VA n/m - Luckydog on 11/18/18 6:15pm
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - SteveS/CA on 11/19/18 1:33am
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen - Luckydog on 11/19/18 9:19am
 Re: Slopping mistakes by title co that should not ever happen -  John/CT on 11/19/18 6:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.