Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can
Posted by Laureen/LA of LA on 6/14/19 8:39pm Msg #607435
And in the meantime we have online notarizations being legalized state by state all across the country. If I have to toss my hands up and go do something else instead then that is one thing. I have my other business to keep busy at. But I won't be buying a house again anytime soon. I would just as soon rent thank you very much. Leave it to the owner of the house to roll from these punches because I am not going to be one. A homeowner, that is. Not me. No thanks. Not in this current environment where all bets are off and ransomware rules. To me, that is what we get for trusting technology as much as we have come to do.

Before someone blows their stack at me let me say this, when I was a kid around 10 years old or so my mother brought her mother-in-law to her office on a Sunday afternoon. Her mother-in-law was visiting us from Canada. My mother swiped her ID card into a card reader, way back in the mid 70s when those things were way less common. She brought us into a work space that looked much like today's cubicles. She began describing to her mother-in-law (I guess it's obvious by now that my mother had remarried and I am not talking about a grandmother) what she does all day.

She said that she programs these things that looked to me like television monitors sitting on all of these desktops. I asked her what they were for. She tossed her hands up as if I had been rudely interrupting her and said to me; 'I don't care'. So, there we have it. She was doing her job and being paid well for it and she had no idea what she was contributing to society. She didn't care.

Now as an adult I know that she was programming today's voice recognition technology and she was one of a handful of people at the time. How do I feel about voice recognition technology? Boxed in, oftentimes. The daggon thing just will not get that none of the options presented speak to the reason for my call. I said this to her as an adult and she said to me that there are just to many people in the world today to deal with each and every caller. I said to her that if there are so many people then there are enough people to answer the daggon phones.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can't record - grapebed on 6/14/19 7:53pm
 Re: City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can - Laureen/LA on 6/14/19 8:39pm
 Re: City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can - Luckydog on 6/14/19 11:12pm
 Re: City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can - MikeC/TX on 6/15/19 5:26pm
 Re: City of Baltimore suffers a ransomware attack, can - Luckydog on 6/16/19 12:19pm
 I think I saw that same 60 minutes segment - Linda_TN on 6/16/19 6:59pm
 This is a horrible cyber-crime. It's happening everywhere -  MW/VA on 6/15/19 8:02am
 Re: This is a horrible cyber-crime. It - Laureen Reeve on 6/15/19 3:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.