Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The question is open to anyone so I
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/9/17 6:19pm Msg #70182
"A wall or fence in vulnerable places will help make a more secure border. There will be plenty of entry places for legal entry."

I will agree that a wall or a fence helps in vulnerable places, but a 30-ft wall across the entire southern border is a ridiculous idea. As a lot of pundits have pointed out, that will just create a market for 31-foor ladders.

Beyond that, geography (especially here in TX) dictates that building such a barrier will a) rob citizens of their land through eminent domain, and b) create situations where American citizens will end up owning property on the wrong side of the wall. I know for a fact that there are a lot of Texans on the border willing to go to court to stop the US from grabbing their land.

Also, a Wall will not stop drug smugglers - they'll fly over it or drive through the legal entry points with the drugs hidden in their vehicles. The illegals who will be caught will be the most desperate to get to the US to better themselves - and that number has been dropping every year.

"If you come into the USA illegally you will be subjected to arrest detention, deportation or arrest.
You will never become a US citizen."

They don't have a path to citizenship now - what has Trump done to change that?

Despite the postings on various right-wing websites, no illegal alien is entitled to benefits. But many illegals who have lived and worked here for years are paying taxes. They cannot file a tax return and get a refund, they cannot get the benefits of Social Security or Medicare even though they are paying into both programs. They're trying to support their families, and many of them do that by doing the jobs Americans refuse to do. Remove all the illegals from CA, and then tell me how upset you are by the spike in the cost of produce from CA. Does $30 for an avocado sound reasonable to you?

Let's get real - illegal workers are a fundamental part of our economy. Without them, the basics just won't get done because Americans are too fat and soft to do the stuff that some brown guy is willing to do for less than minimum wage just so he can feed his family. Rather than keeping these people out, we should be looking at ways to incorporate them into our society because they ARE the American Dream.

Unless you really want that $30 avocado...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 An honest and serious request re: Msg #70112, CH2inCA - Moneyman/TX on 5/2/17 11:04pm
 Moneyman--Thank you for the request - CH2inCA on 5/3/17 9:51am
 Chris don't hold your breath - bagger on 5/3/17 4:26pm
 The question is open to anyone so I'm willing to give time.. - Moneyman/TX on 5/7/17 9:44am
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/7/17 6:57pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - LKT/CA on 5/8/17 5:12pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 1:24pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 11:31am
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 4:11pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 4:53pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 6:19pm
 Apologies for the delay in responding - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 1:19pm
 Should have added this info to above reply - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 2:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.