Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Apologies for the delay in responding
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 5/18/17 1:19pm Msg #70229
Mike, Thank you for your response.

I am glad to see that we agree that the basic concept of a country’s right to control its own borders, in and of itself, is not in any way racist.

When it comes to our northern border, I personally believe that we do need to increase our security along that border as well as part of our overall border security. We also need to address visiting aliens who overstay their Visa permits, which at the time they do so they then become illegal aliens within the country.

As to your beliefs as to why we are not discussing building a wall on our northern border, I would suggest that the real reasons are vastly different than the ones you have proposed. I submit that the real reasons include issues such as the fact that there is only one country to our north; the economic stability of Canada; Canadian citizens, on the whole, don’t appear to feel the need to flee the country in the same way that citizens of other countries might; the fact that Canada has not only the means but also the willingness to control its own borders and the inflow of aliens into the country; etc. With that said, it appears that we are actually seeing an increase in illegal border crossing from the north in recent years, perhaps looking at building structures to help address that specific issue should be on the table as well.

Please provide citations, with links, of legislatures, government agencies – or the stated policies of government agencies, and any government officials who have proclaimed that the aim of securing the borders of the U.S. is "[the] need to keep THOSE PEOPLE out" with that being the stated U.S. government position.

I am asking you for linked citations because in the OP I specifically requested : [ … may I please ask that any supporting arguments for such an action being viewed as "racist" not be hinged on such things as "Trump is a racist" or "Trump said this or that which proves it's racist" type of arguments. Those types of arguments are possible arguments against him, a political party or a political ideology but do not actually address the question I am asking about.]

With respect, Mike, just about everything after your second paragraph seems to be supporting arguments made up of generic race baiting sound bites that could be heard from citizens wearing white sheets or bow tie followers of Louis Farrakhan, groups who express nothing other than their own opinions, not actual governmental policies or views. While U.S. citizens can exercise their free speech their speech alone does not mean that theirs is THE voice of the U.S. government.

This link is to a 2014 article which reports that according to USCBP sources from 2010 thru July 2014 illegal aliens caught (only those caught) illegally crossing the U.S. border were from over 75 different countries of origin. http://tinyurl.com/l6w3rlh -- For information purposes in case anyone actually believes that only one race or nationality illegally crosses the U.S. border.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 An honest and serious request re: Msg #70112, CH2inCA - Moneyman/TX on 5/2/17 11:04pm
 Moneyman--Thank you for the request - CH2inCA on 5/3/17 9:51am
 Chris don't hold your breath - bagger on 5/3/17 4:26pm
 The question is open to anyone so I'm willing to give time.. - Moneyman/TX on 5/7/17 9:44am
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/7/17 6:57pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - LKT/CA on 5/8/17 5:12pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 1:24pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 11:31am
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 4:11pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - FGX/NJ on 5/9/17 4:53pm
 Re: The question is open to anyone so I - MikeC/TX on 5/9/17 6:19pm
 Apologies for the delay in responding - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 1:19pm
 Should have added this info to above reply - Moneyman/TX on 5/18/17 2:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.