Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Nothing changes
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/20/18 7:09pm Msg #71729
The EO that Trump signed today doesn't really change anything. It says nothing about reuniting the 2000+ children with their parents, so those children will likely remain in the internment camps.

The EO also attempts to do something the Obama administration was blocked from doing by the courts - detain families indefinitely. The program the Obama administration put in place to address this - supervised release - was highly effective, but was dismantled by Trump several months ago. So Trump is headed for yet another showdown with the courts, mostly because he thinks the courts don't matter.

Several former ICE and DHS officials have gone on record as saying that it's likely that a large number of children will never be reunited with their parents. This is because the parents are often deported while the kids are still in custody, and the parents have no way of knowing where their children are - and THAT'S because the administration was too stupid to set up a simple tracking system that can match kids to parents. Seriously, this is not rocket science - if UPS and Fedex can tell me where my package is, and I can use an app to find my lost car keys, why aren't we able to match kids and parents? They ALL have an ID number when they enter the system - what's the point of issuing an ID number if you're not going to use it?

This fight is a long way from over...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Nothing changes - MikeC/TX on 6/20/18 7:09pm
 Re: Nothing changes - Moneyman/TX on 6/21/18 1:54pm
 Re: Nothing changes - MikeC/TX on 6/21/18 6:17pm
 Another mis-truth - bagger on 6/21/18 2:17pm
 Re: Another mis-truth - MikeC/TX on 6/21/18 6:36pm
 Re: Another mis-truth - bagger on 6/22/18 5:09am
 Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - Moneyman/TX on 6/22/18 12:18pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - bagger on 6/22/18 12:55pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - MikeC/TX on 6/22/18 4:51pm
 Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. - bagger on 6/26/18 9:03am
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - MikeC/TX on 6/23/18 7:26am
 Key factor = case management -  JanetK_CA on 6/24/18 5:37pm
 Re: Key factor = case management - MikeC/TX on 6/24/18 6:07pm
 Typo - should be 5th Amendment n/m - MikeC/TX on 6/25/18 3:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.