Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: You mean new age
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/7/17 4:33pm Msg #28771
Those things sound like a great idea. How has that been going for you?

A while back, I got into the habit of stretching most nights before I go to bed. I lay down on the hard floor with my knees up (to not strain lower back) and reach hands out straight above my head. It straightens out my spine a bit (from too much slouching throughout the day). I also do some hamstring and other stretches I learned from a chiropractor years ago. The process is often like giving myself an "adjustment" including the resulting crackles and pops. Wink Along with more exercise and losing some weight, I've be able to go for a long time without the chronic lower back issues I've had my whole life (including a few severe bouts of sciatica.) I also do some crunches, trying to strengthen my core muscles, as I've read that's so important to prevent falls as we get on in years.

I like Bear900/CA's idea of extending the concept of "middle age"! After deciding to get serious about losing weight this year, I'm feeling better than I have in a very long time. I chose to do a slower but steady route, but am on track to reach my goal by end of summer. Looks like I'm going to have to get a new wardrobe, though... Darn! Wink
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Why I'm re-setting middle-age to 75 - Bear900/CA on 6/6/17 3:08pm
 Very interesting. TY for posting the link. :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 6/6/17 3:37pm
 Re: Why I -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 8:16am
 You mean new age 'middle-agers' - Bear900/CA on 6/7/17 10:02am
 Re: You mean new age -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 2:17pm
 Re: You mean new age -  JanetK_CA on 6/7/17 4:33pm
 Re: You mean new age -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 10:34pm
 Re: You mean new age - Bear900/CA on 6/7/17 11:47pm
 Re: You mean new age -  JanetK_CA on 6/8/17 3:46am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.