Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: You mean new age
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/8/17 3:46am Msg #28775
That's fantastic! Seems that cycling is becoming more and more popular. I guess it puts less strain on the body than running? Nice, too, that you and your wife can get out there together.

I think I'm going to check out YouTube for some more work out videos to get more variety - an idea I picked up tonight from a fellow member of a walking group I recently discovered. A 50 yo fitness trainer decided to use local social media to start of neighborhood group of walkers and opened it up to the whole community, so now she gets roughly 10 - 20 people each week. The faces vary, with some regulars and some new people each time.

It makes it much more interesting and fun to walk with other people. This group ranges from a 4-month old (pushed in a stroller by her daddy, sometimes with their dog) to a couple of ladies who are probably older than me. We do 3 - 4 miles at a pretty good clip and with the hilliness of the area, it gives me a pretty good cardio charge! (There are no hills in my living room where I usually do my workouts...) I have to say, it's also nice to talk about stuff other than the notary biz! Wink Tonight there were about 12 people - and three dogs.

If anyone is looking for something like this in your area, you might try MeetUp. A couple of the people in the group say they've found walking groups in other cities that way before moving to this area. Or you could always start your own... It's the perfect time of year!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Why I'm re-setting middle-age to 75 - Bear900/CA on 6/6/17 3:08pm
 Very interesting. TY for posting the link. :) n/m -  Christine/OK on 6/6/17 3:37pm
 Re: Why I -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 8:16am
 You mean new age 'middle-agers' - Bear900/CA on 6/7/17 10:02am
 Re: You mean new age -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 2:17pm
 Re: You mean new age -  JanetK_CA on 6/7/17 4:33pm
 Re: You mean new age -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/7/17 10:34pm
 Re: You mean new age - Bear900/CA on 6/7/17 11:47pm
 Re: You mean new age -  JanetK_CA on 6/8/17 3:46am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.