Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I think I would question that too. I don
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 1/15/20 2:36pm Msg #614658
It's very tough to say for sure what we'd do in that type of situation, but I think I'd have a hard time ignoring it completely. There's lots of room between doing nothing and making lots of noise about it. I suspect that I'd want to let someone know that it didn't go unrecognized. So I might ignore the fact that docs should have been reviewed in advance, give them at least the appearance of the benefit of the doubt and attach a note pointing out the flagrantly illegal notarization (although I probably wouldn't put it that way).

This may be SOP for them, but if they know that it wasn't fooling everyone, they might think twice about their process. In California, the penalties for completing a false certificate are pretty serious. It's a felony, and could include jail time. It might also be a good idea to include a copy of the Government or Civil Code that spells out the prohibition and the penalties, or at least a reference to where it can be found.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Predated notarization? WWYD? - Kellosh/CA on 1/15/20 1:09am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - Luckydog on 1/15/20 6:50am
 I think I would question that too. I don't necessarily -  MW/VA on 1/15/20 7:44am
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - Luckydog on 1/15/20 12:22pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - JanetK_CA on 1/15/20 2:36pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don -  Yoli/CA on 1/15/20 4:17pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - MrEd_Ca on 1/16/20 10:11am
 I agree 100%, MW/VA n/m -  jojo_MN on 1/18/20 9:34am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - desktopfull on 1/16/20 4:09pm
 Could it be??? - Luckydog on 1/16/20 9:01pm
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? -  jojo_MN on 1/18/20 9:28am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - Luckydog on 1/18/20 2:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.