Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Predated notarization? WWYD?
Posted by desktopfull of FL on 1/16/20 4:09pm Msg #614703
Not doing anything is why these type of actions continue. Remember all those years that Sterling was cranking out falsely notarized mortgage assignments? It wasn't until a notary used her new stamp that they got caught. Sterling and a lot of notaries went to jail and were fined over that. If just one of those notaries had reported what was going on a lot of people wouldn't have lost their homes due to fraudulent documents being presented to the court for all those years. Closing your eyes to fraudulent behavior doesn't make it go away and I for one would not take part in the activity, the money isn't worth losing peace of mind.

There is a man that is very grateful that I recognized the fraudulent documents his son was using to strip all of the equity out of his home and that I stopped that from occurring by reporting the incident. The lender and son were furious, but title was very happy. The notary that acknowledged the son's "power of attorney" lost her commission and was referred for criminal trial.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Predated notarization? WWYD? - Kellosh/CA on 1/15/20 1:09am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - Luckydog on 1/15/20 6:50am
 I think I would question that too. I don't necessarily -  MW/VA on 1/15/20 7:44am
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - Luckydog on 1/15/20 12:22pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - JanetK_CA on 1/15/20 2:36pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don -  Yoli/CA on 1/15/20 4:17pm
 Re: I think I would question that too. I don - MrEd_Ca on 1/16/20 10:11am
 I agree 100%, MW/VA n/m -  jojo_MN on 1/18/20 9:34am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - desktopfull on 1/16/20 4:09pm
 Could it be??? - Luckydog on 1/16/20 9:01pm
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? -  jojo_MN on 1/18/20 9:28am
 Re: Predated notarization? WWYD? - Luckydog on 1/18/20 2:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.