Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Should I Have Said No? (California)
Posted by LJCA of AK on 4/6/19 9:22am Msg #605147
You were correct in not certifying their doc. CA notaries can not do this. A work around is using
a “Copy Certification” were the CLIENT swears to the truth. Of course their lawyer or your client would need to tell you which form to use.

COPY CERTIFICATION BY DOCUMENT CUSTODIAN
I, ________________________________________________, under oath, do hereby swear/affirm that the attached reproduction is a true and complete copy of the original document, which is in my possession or control

Signature line and Jurat wording added at bottom
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Should I Have Said No? (California) - WILLIAM Bucy on 4/5/19 3:06pm
 William, I strongly recommend you study the SOS Handbook -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/5/19 4:18pm
 Re: William, I strongly recommend you study the SOS Handbook - WILLIAM Bucy on 4/5/19 4:24pm
 Re: William, I strongly recommend you study the SOS Handbook - BearPaw/CO on 4/5/19 6:18pm
 The client said ... - BobbiCT on 4/6/19 10:59am
 Re: William, I strongly recommend you study the SOS Handbook - Philip Johnson on 4/6/19 10:11am
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) - LJCA on 4/6/19 9:22am
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) -  JanetK_CA on 4/6/19 3:49pm
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) -  VT_Syrup on 4/6/19 5:22pm
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) -  JanetK_CA on 4/7/19 3:10pm
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) -  canotaryhere on 4/8/19 4:32am
 Re: Should I Have Said No? (California) -  JanetK_CA on 4/8/19 3:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.