Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Some signings take too long for a different reason...
Posted by Gary Boehm of OH on 10/13/19 12:45pmMsg #611085
Sometimes when a TC talls me signing will be at a real estate office I say, "Ok add $50 to my fee". I am just kidding but honestly agents will talk and talk and interrupt the buyers and sellers over and over. At one signing I explained to the buyers how to sign the mortgage and before they could put the pen to the paper the agent interrupted them with how the kids can walk to the playground and the buyer signed it wrong. I held my peace and said, no problem we have a spare in your copy. I explained how to do it again, pushed the papers across the table and AGAIN the agent interrupted with where they went on vacation and the buyers signed wrong again! NOW we had to stop the signing, go to one of the office computers so I could download and print another set. They continued to talk all during the rest of the signing, slowing everything down.

The worst time was we were getting started and the agent asked if a back fence was torn down as the sellers agreed they would. The sellers said with packing and moving they did not have time. The Buyers said NO PROBLEM they would take care of it themselves and they both agreed. Well the Buyers agent BLEW UP, stormed out of the room and went down the hallway and yelled on the phone to someone for about 20 minutes. At this point I felt obligated to call my hiring agency to tell them it wasn't going well (this wasn't the only issue). I stepped out in the hall next to the doorway so as not to talk in front of the buyers/sellers. The agent saw me, stomped back down the hall and started yelling at ME that I was NOT to leave the room for any reason and had NO right to call and talk to anyone! At this point I had been there for an hour and a half and had only signed three documents and was fed up with this agent. I got back to the phone and told the TC I was leaving and they agreed. Two weeks later I get a call saying it was rescheduled and would I go back? I politely said No Way!

It got to the point that before starting a signing at a real estate office I would say "The signing will proceed more smoothly if we can hold the extra conversation until after we are finished". But at one signing the agents glared at me the whole time and BOY did get a phone call later saying I was "rude".

Yes, agents earn their living by talking but you would think at the closing which is where they get their paycheck they would shut up for once and LET IT HAPPEN!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Any tips on improving signing speed? - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/11/19 11:12pm
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Lee/AR on 10/12/19 6:27am
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - CW2Ret/VA on 10/12/19 7:06am
 As a 20-yr veteran at this -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/12/19 8:41am
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Luckydog on 10/12/19 9:59am
 Wanted to add - Luckydog on 10/12/19 10:07am
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 10:20am
 Nicholas, over time you will develop the knack for -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/12/19 11:22am
 Re: Nicholas, over time you will develop the knack for - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 2:04pm
 First question - Clem/CA on 10/12/19 11:03am
 Re: First question - SteveS/CA on 10/12/19 1:06pm
 Re: First question - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 2:06pm
 Re: First question - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 2:05pm
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 2:08pm
 came back and checked for answers - Clem/CA on 10/12/19 5:43pm
 Re: came back and checked for answers - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/12/19 9:08pm
 Some signings take too long for a different reason... - Gary Boehm on 10/13/19 12:45pm
 Re: Some signings take too long for a different reason... - Luckydog on 10/13/19 2:26pm
 Some signings take too long for a different reason... - Gary Boehm on 10/13/19 2:47pm
 Re: Some signings take too long for a different reason... - EagleEye/Ca on 10/13/19 4:31pm
 It's all about the borrower, always -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/13/19 5:19pm
 Re: It - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/14/19 1:33pm
 Re: Some signings take too long for a different reason... - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/13/19 4:43pm
 I find time to have some casual conversation with the -  MW/VA on 10/13/19 8:11pm
 20 Minute signings - Gary Boehm on 10/13/19 3:01pm
 Re: 20 Minute signings - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/14/19 11:04am
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Anthony Bessey on 10/26/19 8:32pm
 Re: Any tips on improving signing speed? - Nicholas Kontgas on 10/26/19 9:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.