Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Thrown in jail without any charges while police investigate
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/31/16 6:21pm Msg #69121
"Just the shear number of people and the length of time this was going on makes it seem almost statistically impossible that not a single one every sought out legal advice over being illegally held."

That's something you and I would expect, but I think the reality for people who live in this type of poverty is that it's either on the back burner or just dismissed as a way of life - they have many more serious problems to deal with, not the least of which is helping their family survive. To challenge the status quo could put their family at risk. They simply don't have the time or resources to make this an issue, and that may be why it has been allowed to go on for so long.

It's infuriating that something like this has been allowed to happen for so long. I hope DOJ comes down on them hard, and that private attorneys step up to take the city, the parish, and the PD to task.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Thrown in jail without any charges while police investigate -  Moneyman/TX on 12/30/16 5:04pm
 More corrupt police "do as I say, not as I do" -  Moneyman/TX on 12/30/16 5:28pm
 Re: More corrupt police "do as I say, not as I do" - MikeC/TX on 12/30/16 6:12pm
 Re: More corrupt police "do as I say, not as I do" -  Moneyman/TX on 12/30/16 6:36pm
 Re: Thrown in jail without any charges while police investigate - MikeC/TX on 12/30/16 6:00pm
 Re: Thrown in jail without any charges while police investigate -  Moneyman/TX on 12/30/16 6:46pm
 Re: Thrown in jail without any charges while police investigate - MikeC/TX on 12/31/16 6:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.