Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Read the first 7 words of the US Constition (full context is
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 3/31/18 11:41am Msg #71603
... very important, as always) Understanding exactly WHEN the document was drafted will also go a long way in understanding who Art. II is intended to reference when it comes to who should be counted for that specific purpose (i.e. citizens of the US, in today's terminology)

"We the People of the United States..." - The first 7 words of the U.S. Constitution

Are you in some way suggesting that the writers of the Constitution should have believed that readers of it would be so obtuse that they would have to repeat this phrase at the start of every single paragraph and that since they did not do so, illegal aliens now have a right to join in and decide our (citizens') representatives, our laws, and our government policies?

Mike, unless you are willing to clearly and plainly say that you believe that illegal aliens should be counted when it comes to the apportionment of federal representation numbers please don't argue that point without the courage to actually state the very premise your arguments are based on.

"This was the best argument you could come up with?"
Since you did not actually address my actual argument it must have been an effective one, wouldn't you agree? (illegal aliens, and any other non-citizen residents, should be counted for a number of reasons, but to decide government representation numbers for citizens is not one of them)

"...question has not been ... (asked)... for 70 years..."
The question had never been asked before it actually was the very first time. Respectfully, SO WHAT!!
What kind of argument is this, and why are people falling for arguing about how long ago it was asked instead of debating the real issue supposedly being discussed? When it comes to deciding how much representation citizens should have in Washington, the question should have never not been asked (in the context of this discussion).

While the protections of our Constitution are afforded to citizens and anyone whose feet are planted on U.S. soil, the belief that non-citizens have the right to vote in our elections, have a right to have a say when it comes to picking OUR federal representatives, or to believe that their voice should be heard and responded to above any citizens' voice when it comes to drafting legislation and/or laws is a delusional belief (irrespective of that same person's political views).

"If you answer "no" to that question, you will most likely be vacuumed up in an ICE raid."
Please provide your supporting proof of this version of basically the latest poll tested inflammatory argumentum ad ignorantiam. Since there is no actual evidence that this will not happen, so therefore, it must be true. <smh>

The "fear of an ICE raid" argument on this topic is just as fallacious as the argument that if local law enforcement officials work with ICE that illegal aliens will not report crimes for fear of being deported. American citizens who happen to have a warrant due to unpaid traffic tickets or court no-shows report crimes against them all the time and, yes, they are arrested all the time (not saying I support the victims of crimes in such situations being arrested, citizens or illegal aliens, but that is a different topic).

It's not my intention to come across as hostile. It is my intention to have a discussion based on honest beliefs about the topics, regardless of how popular those honest beliefs may/may not be (mine or others).
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 2020 Census - ArtG/KS on 3/27/18 4:29pm
 I work for the CB right now as a Field Rep - Linda_H/FL on 3/27/18 4:41pm
 Re: I work for the CB right now as a Field Rep - MikeC/TX on 3/27/18 5:00pm
 Federal representation for who? - Moneyman/TX on 3/30/18 2:25pm
 Re: Federal representation for who? - MikeC/TX on 3/30/18 6:54pm
 Read the first 7 words of the US Constition (full context is - Moneyman/TX on 3/31/18 11:41am
 Re: Read the first 7 words of the US Constition (full context is - HisHughness on 3/31/18 3:21pm
 It is great to see you posting again Hugh... - Moneyman/TX on 4/13/18 9:05am
 Re: Read the first 7 words of the US Constition (full context is - MikeC/TX on 3/31/18 5:42pm
 Forget what I said above - MikeC/TX on 4/2/18 5:10pm
 Re: 2020 Census - MikeC/TX on 3/27/18 4:55pm
 Re: 2020 Census - ArtG/KS on 3/27/18 5:02pm
 Re: 2020 Census - MikeC/TX on 3/27/18 6:17pm
 Re: 2020 Census - MikeC/TX on 3/29/18 1:02am
 Re: 2020 Census - ArtG/KS on 3/27/18 5:05pm
 Re: 2020 Census - MikeC/TX on 3/27/18 6:23pm
 Re: 2020 Census - ArtG/KS on 3/27/18 4:57pm
 Re: 2020 Census - strict rules, ya' think~~ - Lee/AR on 3/28/18 12:05am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.