Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents
Posted by Bella Tarubarova of TX on 7/7/24 4:19pm Msg #648803
I'm a new Texas notary. I joined through the AAN website and texasnotary.com. ALL of their material, training, exams, etc. says that when certifying a copy, the notary must personally make the copy.
In addition, all of their Trodat stamps and printed certifications use the language "made by me" in reference to the copy. This is NOT correct. There is NO requirement in Texas law that the notary must make the copy. If a client brings you the copy with the original, you can closely examine them and then certify it.
AAN's support and administration all said the notary must make the copy, but this is NOT true! If so, that means if somebody brings me a copy (with the original, of course) to certify, I'll have to refuse, because I didn't make the copy. If I do certify it, I can't use that "made by me" certification language on the Trodat stamp or letter, because it would be false. I don't know who else to go to with this. Can anyone help?
Many thanks.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - Bella Tarubarova on 7/7/24 4:19pm
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - Randy Reeves on 7/7/24 6:05pm
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - Osmigo on 7/7/24 7:09pm
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents -  JanetK_CA on 7/7/24 8:01pm
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents -  Yoli/CA on 7/8/24 7:17am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - VT_Syrup on 7/8/24 10:04am
 Interesting, VT -  Yoli/CA on 7/8/24 10:24am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - VT_Syrup on 7/8/24 10:20am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents -  Yoli/CA on 7/8/24 10:36am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents -  CPNS2006 on 7/8/24 8:14am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - BrendaTx on 7/24/24 9:39am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - VT_Syrup on 7/8/24 10:11am
 Re: Texas AAN conflicts with state law re: certifying documents - BrendaTx on 7/24/24 9:42am
 The AAN is correct. - BrendaTx on 7/24/24 9:20am
 Re: The AAN is correct. - VT_Syrup on 7/24/24 11:24am
 Re: The AAN is correct. - BrendaTx on 7/24/24 12:22pm
 Re: The AAN is correct. - VT_Syrup on 7/24/24 1:09pm
 Re: The AAN is correct. - VT_Syrup on 7/24/24 1:20pm
 Re: The AAN is correct. - BrendaTx on 7/25/24 4:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.