Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before the Poll on FaxBacks-LONG
Posted by  Brenda Stone of TX on 3/16/06 5:02pm Msg #105876
THE MORAL(s) OF THE FOLLOWING STORY:

Don't blindside people with fax backs. NO GOOD WILL EVER COME OF IT NO MATTER WHO IS RIGHT OR WRONG. STATE THEM IN YOUR CONFIRMATION SO THERE IS TIME TO PULL OUT FOR THE SA and time for the SS/TC to fix the situation.

and

AGENTS - ALWAYS ASK ABOUT THE FAX BACKS.

=======================

Okay. Now, an SS who took issue with my poll earlier and wants to know:

What do you think of someone who would bail under the circumstances below?

If you feel like telling your opinion, please do. I realize many are not as hard about getting paid for services rendered as I am and many would prefer to keep their true way of handling this a secret. If the poll goes off the chart in the opposite direction from me it does not matter to me. I STILL SUPPORT THE DECISION(s) OF THE AGENT(s) IN THIS SITUATION. I know the women and they are of good character.

====FIRST MY FAX BACK STORY====

I like people to agree with me just like anyone does, but before I start this I want to make it perfectly clear I do not need people to agree with me. This is being told so we can make sure it's out on the table and so I can refer to it rather than another story I know only by heresay.

Last EOM I accepted a signing -- got the edocs and found out there were 30-40 pages of fax backs.

I emailed the company as soon as I received them the evening before (6 pm) and said I needed $25 additional for this as I will be required to return, fax and burn another hour and one half. The appointment was at 9:30 am.

At 7:30 am that morning the response I received was NO, WE DO NOT PAY FOR FAX BACKS. SORRY.

Immediately I replied with an apology that they needed to locate another notary. Did they want me to alert the borrower that there would be a delay?

I encountered a barrage of bully-fied emails from three different people. As the bullies piled on me, I became resolute in my decision.

Yes, I bailed. However, folks, vendor management called me with an apology later that day for the emails and asked me to rebuild my fee structure and resubmit. I was told it was a ridiculous bunch of garbage that was sent to me that should have never been said.

What I know by Heresay - FAST FORWARD TO YESTERDAY - An SS is mad at one of my network folks and has asked me in three emails if I thought it was okay for the sa to bail when they did not get paid. (She is also holding a grudge for one who told her to pay her for the fax backs. Old news, still angry.)

She accused them of holding her hostage...holding her over a barrel...of not answering her phone after she emailed back to her that she would not pay more, the girl dropped her signing back in her lap so then SS said she would pay.

Further, when the SS wrote me, she accused the SA of lacking work ethics, common decency, and wanted me to know what kind of people I was associating myself with.
She ripped up (talked trash about) another SA on my network who got her to pay $15 for fax backs.

The SS was my friend. That's what made it difficult. Yes, it hurt me, also the way things worked out.

One thing I have a serious problem with is one person telling me what kind of person I am associating with. If they have a police record, tell me. Otherwise, let me get burned on my own. Do NOT insult my judgment or MY choice of affiliations...especially under the guise of doing it for my own good.

The SS and I used to be friends but when I would not agree with her she wrote me never to contact her again. Three emails she sends insisting that I tell her my opinion. I do -- I told her I did not agree with her and that I had done exactly what she was angry at the other girls about. In her last email of this soap opera she says not to contact her again. Hell, I did not contact her about it in the first place! I tried to avoid the discussion.

Anyhow, I had given her the above story about when I bailed for lack of a respectful resolution to the FAX back dilemma. I told her I did not want to discuss the other two without them being able to be involved and defend themselves. So, I just talked about my way of handling her complaint of the SAs.

I don't care who agrees / disagrees with me bailing and I am telling you right here folks that if I am blindsided with fax backs I will not go do the job without payment for them.

Ya'll do whatever you wish, but I will not allow myself to be used and abused for free.

If the COMPANY wants the faxes done, the COMPANY needs to pay the fair price for the SA to go do the job and quit playing dumb - you know there are fax backs coming - don't state it in an ATTACHMENT like this one was supposedly sent in ahead of time - if you blindside the agent at $75, then fess up and pay them the money for the fax backs for Pete's sake. BID on the jobs KNOWING YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA.

I don't like a company who will blindside an agent on anything. I won't kiss up to companies on this board, because I am not made like that. But I will treat you like I want to be treated...and ... I still work as much or more than other Tx people are right now. And the reason I do is because I am fair, I am dilligent and I am honest. I do my work. But I am not going to do it for free.

Hopefully this will help my former friend put this to rest in her mind. SHE is the one who suggested I post this as an issue.

As far as holding the SS hostage...what about holding the SA hostage with veiled threats that you'll be sued for losing the bwrs lock if you don't do an hour and half, plus extra trip into town. That is also taking a hostage. It's blackmail. I don't know if my former friend did that or not. I know it has happened to me in my situation. I am like teflon and let it slide right off.

The name of our game is NOT make sure the SS gets a full self-determined fee out of the signing. WE ARE ALL RUNNING A BUSINESS - NOT just the SS.

I am very sorry the BWR loses in this situation, but I am not the manager of the universe. I am MY manager. The lender needs to make sure their title companies and SSs know how to treat the final step (the sa) in the situation or expect to lose some loans.

I am NOT against SS's. I am against being FORCED to give an opinion and then being told "don't contact me again" because I was honest. I call that emotional blackmail.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before the Poll on FaxBacks-LONG -  Brenda Stone on 3/16/06 5:02pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before the Poll on FaxBacks-LONG - Korey Humphreys on 3/16/06 5:22pm
 Re: Your right Korey! - LawrenceOK on 3/16/06 7:03pm
 Thanks Lawrence.... - Korey Humphreys on 3/16/06 9:25pm
 Interesting situation between you and former friend - SueW/Tn on 3/16/06 5:24pm
 Re: Brenda, you did the right thing! - ColleenCA on 3/16/06 5:32pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before the Poll on FaxBacks-LONG - Jenny_CA on 3/16/06 5:34pm
 Re: My 2 cents worth is much shorter,I AGREE !! n/m -  DellaCa on 3/16/06 6:57pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before the Poll on FaxBacks- -  Nd_WA on 3/16/06 7:47pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before - ND - not so quick.. -  Brenda Stone on 3/16/06 7:51pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before - ND - not so quick.. - Cynthia Walder on 3/16/06 8:26pm
 Re: Rest of the Fax Back Story- Before - Cynthia - I hope -  Brenda Stone on 3/16/06 8:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.