Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Day 4
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 2/4/23 3:27pm Msg #35659
I am down 6 lbs! I didn't buy any strips or blood keto monitor yet so do not know if I am in Ketosis or not, but losing, so happy with that.
If you start this diet, I recommend preparing yourself in advance. Omit all soda and alcohol from your system.
You can have coffee, tea, and sparkling water. Since I don't drink the first two, I just started drinking water again about a month before I started prepping for this. That will save you from caffeine withdrawals anyway, and the soda cravings which I admit are hard to break, but you can do it. I think will help you not get the first week of keto flu when your body has to transition and makes you feel bad. I just had a mild headache day 2, but Advil knocked it out.

I checked out about 10 books from the library and read them over about the 2 weeks before diving in, getting my shopping list together, eating up all the old carbs and sugary foods, and prepping my kitchen with essentials.
I also paid for a yearly Keto app that tracks everything and breaks down recipes and my own into the macros I need to track. Macros are everything right down to the vitamins...

Your diet focuses mainly on 3 things. Carbs, Proteins and fats. I can have 18 grams of carbs, 116 Grams of fats and 93 grams of proteins a day. Those are my limits for my age and weight and being female.
Now granted, only 18 grams of carbs a day? It's a little daunting at first, but trust me, you are replacing the chips and bread with something better.

My breakfast is 5 strips of bacon and 2 eggs and only costs me 1.5 Grams of carbs. You subtract that from the 18 and there you go. Chicken, turkey, fish are 0 carbs. Fry in butter, use some old bay seasoning, and guess what? 0-1 carbs.
Mixed bag salads run about 3 carbs for 2 cups, and Ranch and Cesars and Creamy Italian dressings are all keto-friendly at about 1 carb per TBS I believe, or skip it altogether and go with olive oil and vinegar.
My problem was trying to get all my fats in. Because I don't like coffee, I wasn't using creamer. I discovered that if I took 10 tablespoons of full-fat whipping cream, 1 TBS of confectioners swerve, and a dash of vanilla and whipped it up, it gave me the boost and dessert of 6 grams of fat to make my numbers! Who doesn't like a cup of natural whipped cream?

I feel great only losing the 6 lbs, but mainly not as bloated as I was and starting to sleep better, and starting to have a neck again, lol. It's just the beginning, but I can report back occasionally or if anyone wants to start this I'd be glad to help you through it.
Once you hit your weight goal, then you switch over to the Paleo diet or Mediterranean diet, which is basically a hybrid of this but you can have whole grains and some care more carbs now.

It's a healthy diet provided you follow it. There are no cheat days here using the wrong fats like margarine or transfat or using low-calorie anything will throw you out of keto. You are replacing the bad fat with good fat, your good cholesterol numbers, and triglyceride numbers will lower, have more energy, better memory, and the fasted way to lose weight out there naturally without pills or surgery.
Let's face it, if we diet and sacrifice, we want to see the scale go down and our waistline improve quickly to stay motivated. I cannot stay on a diet losing 1 lb. a week and feeling hungry. Being 60 now, things slowed way down in losing. I used to lose 5 lbs a week in my pre-40 years, and not no more, BUT the scale is working and my body is feeling a positive change for now in the infant stage of it.

I'll keep posting if you want me to, or if anyone wants to try it, I can help you along with what to buy and what to save your money on. You do have to like to cook. There are no shortcuts here and no pre-packaged food really, and the stuff out there is really expensive.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Facts about Ketogenic dieting - Bear900/CA on 2/2/23 12:10pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting -  JanetK_CA on 2/3/23 9:33pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting - Bear900/CA on 2/4/23 12:36am
 Day 4 - PaigeTurner on 2/4/23 3:27pm
 Thanks for YouTube link. Great stuff! -  JanetK_CA on 2/4/23 7:54pm
 Re: Thanks for YouTube link. Great stuff! - SC/CA on 2/6/23 7:39pm
 So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 10:50am
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/7/23 1:03pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 3:34pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/8/23 2:54pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/8/23 4:41pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting - SC/CA on 2/4/23 4:36pm
 agree #6 But this is not a fad it's been around since 1924! - PaigeTurner on 2/5/23 3:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.