Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

agree #6 But this is not a fad it's been around since 1924!
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 2/5/23 3:01pm Msg #35663
I agree on the #6 issue, about low carb doesn't mean high protein. It does. There is no other way around it. That is the puzzle I am trying to solve right now because if you need to hit your fat numbers, you have to eat something like fish, chicken, beef, cheese, turkey, and pork,...all of which have a pretty big protein count. You just cannot have some salad and broccoli because you will hit your carbs in one meal and still be really hungry the rest of the day and not sustainable. There are really no free foods on this diet like WW. The closest I found is chicken bullion. 1 tsp has <.01 grams of carbs, thus you can have 2 cups of that add some mushrooms and is a good filler for 1 carb. If you have to watch sodium, forget it. Luckily I don't. If you want to reduce carbs the only way to have a meal is to have protein as the main course to fill you up. Most proteins have 0 carbs or are very low, so that is how you are not hungry, you fill on that and build your menu accordingly. There is absolutely no way to have a keto diet on low protein or stay under their recommendations that I know of. In fact, a lot of people add additional protein to their morning coffee or smoothie! Yikes!.

BUT that being said, This is a diet and not a lifestyle. As you are doing the diet, your numbers go down, and you lose weight fast and feel better, reduce inflammation, get more energized, and have better mental clarity. Did he ever mention those with epilepsy? No. Read up on that. It reduces their seizures immensely if not entirely for some.

All the protein isn't good either and can lead to kidney stones, but drinking a lot of water per day will help with that. Ask yourself if you are eating more protein (meat) on this diet than you did before. For me, it's the same, so really is not much of a change in that. My 3 meals a day and snacks usually consisted of some kind of meat, veggie, sweets, and carbs, so at least this is healthier in that none of it is processed and is whole and natural and knocking out the carbs and sugars. Meat is the same if not less because you have to portion it out, and the rest is not included.

After you reach your goal, you transition off it to a healthier "lifestyle" by introducing carbs and sugars again, you are set for success if you keep them in check and in moderation.

Keto may not be for everyone, and with medical issues, see your Dr first before starting. It's a short-term choice for those to see results and get the fat suit off which is heart healthy, cancer healthy, and mentally healthy, brain healthy. Keto has been around since 1924 and was developed by Dr. Wilder at the mayo clinic. Hundreds of thousands of people have been on it worldwide successfully, yet how many negative posts have you seen or people who have died because of the diet? None that I know of, but plenty of people died from complications from obesity. It's a toss-up I guess, but either way, if you are obese you are in the risk factor already, not much of a difference, so may as well try it. jmo
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Facts about Ketogenic dieting - Bear900/CA on 2/2/23 12:10pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting -  JanetK_CA on 2/3/23 9:33pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting - Bear900/CA on 2/4/23 12:36am
 Day 4 - PaigeTurner on 2/4/23 3:27pm
 Thanks for YouTube link. Great stuff! -  JanetK_CA on 2/4/23 7:54pm
 Re: Thanks for YouTube link. Great stuff! - SC/CA on 2/6/23 7:39pm
 So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 10:50am
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/7/23 1:03pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - Bear900/CA on 2/7/23 3:34pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/8/23 2:54pm
 Re: So, we flipped! Great stuff is right!! - SC/CA on 2/8/23 4:41pm
 Re: Facts about Ketogenic dieting - SC/CA on 2/4/23 4:36pm
 agree #6 But this is not a fad it's been around since 1924! - PaigeTurner on 2/5/23 3:01pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.