Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Why keep away from something that works for You?
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 10/22/19 1:01pm Msg #611384
Lots of naysayers in every biz (how else to fill one's time? Lol).

What is your objective?

When I entered the fold I found a lot of objection (resistance) because the loan signing industry had gone through some Dramatic changes- and most were not good for the Fulltime S.A. My attitude was somewhat different because I didn't expect it actually possible to make a living at this.

In comes the Know it All NEWBIE brainwashed into thinking she could make it as a Notary Signing Agent in a "saturated" notary kingdom seeking to carve out a royal place amongst the remaining crusaders (who were barely hanging on)! Ouch.
In reality, some of us knew nothing about the NNA or its influence. That organization soured many a notary because it gave them something, then took it away. Understandable.

But the fault doesn't soley lie with them Or the bored housewives, the seniors looking to fill their time (before their spouses say Enough is Enough!); young whippersnappers hopping on the side gig wagon, or even the "ageless" retirees that ain't closing shop anytime soon.

Consider: You have your commission (no small feat in LA); you decide whether you want to take your commission to the next level; use contacts within your lending & real estate community. If you've invested in yourself and you want to pursue, do it without worrying whether some feel you're "good enough for it."

P.S. The forum has taught me a lot about what to stay away from; when my stress level rises when just reading about others' experiences then I know that particular company, work, etc. isn't for me Wink

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 If it is your intention to discourage - Laureen/LA on 10/22/19 2:35am
 This business is not for everyone. -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/22/19 6:59am
 As I understand it, you Louisiana notaries are very close - Linda_H/FL on 10/22/19 7:10am
 Re: As I understand it, you Louisiana notaries are very close - Luckydog on 10/22/19 11:11am
 Sorry, posted under Linda, meant for OP n/m - Luckydog on 10/22/19 11:12am
 Why keep away from something that works for You? - NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/19 1:01pm
 Re: If it is your intention to discourage (well, not solely) - NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/19 4:51pm
 Re: If it is your intention to discourage (well, not solely) - Laureen/LA on 10/23/19 8:30pm
 I knew you were no stranger to the field! - NVLSlady/VA on 10/23/19 10:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.