Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: If it is your intention to discourage (well, not solely)
Posted by Laureen/LA of LA on 10/23/19 8:30pm Msg #611456
NVLSLADY my career background is in insurance and I am no stranger to working with different insurance company application formats. I know so well about the learning curve that I chose not to pursue this path out of pocket any further. People go about applying for insurance with a different attitude. To them it is like a necessary evil, so to speak. When people apply for a mortgage though that is an entirely different thing. Their psychological world revolves around it during the process. I have total confidence in my ability to come through a learning curve and emerge with the right questions to ask in advance to avoid repeat visits. In insurance it may not be important to the client but to the insurer and myself, repeat visits were to be avoided at all costs, particularly to myself. So I am actually thanking you all for having given me the reality check I needed so that I didn't find myself surrounded by angry home owners and lenders and loan signing agents in the middle. I am not a kid out here. I have 30 years background in insurance and finance. I just thought that this seemed like one other way to keep busy in my field and I now recognize that I was mistaken and sort of mislead. Yes I did believe that taking the NNA course was going to certify me and it did. The only thing is, I have no experience and their course is already outdated. The way they present negotiations with the signing service would lead one to think that things are negotiable. The reality is that Snapdocs is now the go to for newbies and Snapdocs presents the assignment, with usually a 2 hour lead time, as a yes or no proposition. The answer has to be no. Too much at stake. No can do. Sorry Snapdocs but this is not a game. Am I right?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 If it is your intention to discourage - Laureen/LA on 10/22/19 2:35am
 This business is not for everyone. -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/22/19 6:59am
 As I understand it, you Louisiana notaries are very close - Linda_H/FL on 10/22/19 7:10am
 Re: As I understand it, you Louisiana notaries are very close - Luckydog on 10/22/19 11:11am
 Sorry, posted under Linda, meant for OP n/m - Luckydog on 10/22/19 11:12am
 Why keep away from something that works for You? - NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/19 1:01pm
 Re: If it is your intention to discourage (well, not solely) - NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/19 4:51pm
 Re: If it is your intention to discourage (well, not solely) - Laureen/LA on 10/23/19 8:30pm
 I knew you were no stranger to the field! - NVLSlady/VA on 10/23/19 10:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.