Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Just to follow up on this..
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/7/18 5:34pm Msg #71997
"Still much ado about nothing, maybe a couple hundred votes impacted so not worth doing it for suppression."

Again, easy to say when it's not your vote being suppressed; I suspect you would feel differently if you suddenly found out that you had to travel 20 or 30 miles to cast a ballot AND you had no means of transportation.

If those "few votes" don't matter, why are politicians attempting to suppress them? Why are corporations spending millions trying to influence them? In a local election, every single vote counts; saying that a "few hundred"doesn't mean anything shows a lack of knowledge about how local elections actually work. There were a few local elections in 2016 that were ultimately decided by coin flip or drawing straws - so explain to me again how "a couple hundred votes" would not have mattered in these cases, or how this is a "lefty" issue"?

Remember, the 2016 Presidential election was decided by a few votes. Although Trump likes to call it a landslide, it wasn't anything close to that - 70,000 votes COMBINED over 3 states, one of which (WI) has been known for its suppression efforts.

It's not a "lefty soapbox item", it affects ALL Americans - the right to vote is the bedrock of our republic. ANY attempt to block people from exercising it is wrong, no matter which side of the political spectrum you're on. There are right-wing conservatives who believe that the 14th, 17th, and 19th Amendments should be repealed - in essence, restoring the right to vote to what it used to be at the beginning, which was that only white males who owned property could vote. Is that what you agree with? If not, how do you justify dismissing a "few hundred votes", regardless of where they come from?

I am so tired of right-wingers dismissing my views as "leftist" simply because they don't agree with them. What is "leftist" about wanting ALL Americans to be treated equally? What is "leftist" about expecting the Constitution to be applied equally to all citizens? What is "leftist" about wanting immigrants to be treated according to US and international law? What is "leftist" about saying, "This is not right, this is not what our Constitution says"? Please explain it to me, because I seem to be missing something important. I'll wait...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 For those who think voter suppression is not a thing... - MikeC/TX on 8/18/18 4:01pm
 Solution - don't see a major issue here.. - Linda_H/FL on 8/19/18 9:43am
 Re: Solution - don - MikeC/TX on 8/19/18 4:38pm
 Re: Solution - don - MikeC/TX on 8/22/18 3:45pm
 Re: For those who think voter suppression is not a thing... - bagger on 8/19/18 1:21pm
 Re: For those who think voter suppression is not a thing... - shooterclay on 8/22/18 11:21pm
 Re: For those who think voter suppression is not a thing... - MikeC/TX on 8/23/18 4:02pm
 Just to follow up on this.. - MikeC/TX on 8/24/18 3:54pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - shooterclay on 8/24/18 10:17pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - MikeC/TX on 8/25/18 5:18pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - shooterclay on 8/26/18 10:35pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - MikeC/TX on 8/27/18 5:53pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - shooterclay on 8/27/18 9:35pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - MikeC/TX on 8/28/18 6:10pm
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - shooterclay on 8/29/18 11:45am
 Re: Just to follow up on this.. - MikeC/TX on 9/7/18 5:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.