Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Well, in response to your wish that a CA lender ...
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 6/10/18 2:23am Msg #594395
… would reach out to you directly to close their loans in FL, it's because they don't know you exist. And they're not going to take the time to get acquainted with every NSA in every city where their borrowers may be vacationing and call them directly. That's beyond ridiculous. And equally ridiculous to think that each NSA, no matter how special we think we are, is going to market to all the thousands and thousands of TCs, lenders and LOs saying: "Pick me if you ever have a closing in my area."

So along that same line, what is it that you other posters just don't get? We're not talking about out of state title companies calling notaries directly to do closings. You get those calls. We get those calls, too. We're talking about the thousands and thousands of purchases and sales and refis going in our neighborhood, our city, our county and neighboring counties every month. The ones that you CA notaries do multiple times every day for $125 plus. These are the ones that escrow officers are not letting out of their building in our states. These are the ones that we will never see. These are the ones where signers are told to show up at the TC and sign. Of course you are getting calls from out of state TCs. And they're calling us. too. Who else are the gonna call unless a SS? But it's only a handful of jobs compared to the hundreds of local closings you guys do. We never see these local closings because local LOs and Realtors direct them to local TCs who keep a firm grip on all signings. It's inconceivable to them that they'd let these signing go out the door to a mobile notary. And no matter how highly you think of your marketing skills, you won't have much luck in that environment. So it's SSs and the occasional out of state call that keeps notaries alive in such states as CO, MN and FL. It's a whole different picture than in CA where local TCs often don't even have a notary on staff and don't want one. They find a notary they like and if you're that notary, away you go! Been there done that. But that door is shut in many other states.

And not everybody is Fidelity approved and never will be. But that's another story. I am approved up to a certain point, and get calls from SSs who say they "have" to use me and pay my fee because I am the only NSA in my area (2,250 square miles) who is authorized to touch FNF paperwork … but those are very few and far between, as well.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Thanks PegiT MN - Luckydog on 6/9/18 3:16pm
 Yep - when I first got down here and opened my - Linda_H/FL on 6/9/18 3:48pm
 Having been an NSA both in CA and CO... - BearPaw/CO on 6/9/18 5:50pm
 Well I wouldn't choose to live in FL/MN/CO for personal pref -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/9/18 6:52pm
 great dialogue going - Luckydog on 6/9/18 7:34pm
 In AR, I am local TCs competition...no opportunity at all. n/m - Lee/AR on 6/10/18 1:52am
 My caveat about this sort of work after thinking about it -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/9/18 7:59pm
 I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work - ananotary on 6/9/18 9:39pm
 PS: In May and June, I have received 20 jobs like this -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/9/18 10:20pm
 Re: PS: In May and June, I have received 20 jobs like this - ananotary on 6/9/18 10:29pm
 CA has 162,000 notaries for approx. 40 million people -  Joan Bergstrom on 6/9/18 10:55pm
 Re: CA has 162,000 notaries for approx. 40 million people -  BrendaTx on 6/19/18 5:21pm
 Re: I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work - Luckydog on 6/10/18 12:36am
 Re: I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work - ananotary on 6/10/18 1:25am
 Re: I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work - Luckydog on 6/10/18 3:43pm
 Re: I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work - ananotary on 6/10/18 8:50pm
 Re: I am not in FL and based on your posts seeking direct work -  JanetK_CA on 6/11/18 12:35am
 Well said, Janet! Wish I could write as eloquently as you. - ananotary on 6/11/18 10:22am
 "Why should only a SS be deserving of the full fee of $150?" -  JanetK_CA on 6/11/18 4:15pm
 Well, in response to your wish that a CA lender ... - BearPaw/CO on 6/10/18 2:23am
 Re: Well, in response to your wish that a CA lender ... - ananotary on 6/10/18 2:48am
 Good to read ... - BearPaw/CO on 6/10/18 10:51am
 Re: Good to read ... - ananotary on 6/10/18 11:16am
 We need the other 46 states to chime in - Luckydog on 6/10/18 3:55pm
 Make that 47 other states to chime in. -  PegiT_MN on 6/10/18 10:10pm
 Re: Make that 47 other states to chime in. -  BrendaTx on 6/17/18 11:19pm
 Re: Good to read ... -  PegiT_MN on 6/10/18 10:16pm
 Re: Good to read ... - ananotary on 6/10/18 10:37pm
 Re: Good to read ... Msg #594387 - NVLSlady/VA on 6/11/18 2:59pm
 Great attitude! Clearly, you get it! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 6/11/18 4:34pm
 Re: Good to read ... Msg #594387 - NVLSlady/VA on 6/11/18 7:22pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.