Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet?
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 1/20/23 12:03pm Msg #35579
That’s a great link, Yoli. And good advice, Bear.

I was a nutritionist for Nutrisystem many moons ago. I never did the program myself, but was impressed by the organizations balanced approach. I was trained to counsel on not just food intake and weight management, but also individual challenges that would arise as a person navigates their relationship with food. Whatever came-up with a client as a challenge that week – say a birthday party, the holidays, stress eating, whatever it was, if they wished to discuss it, we would take time for that. They did not feel like they were alone in meeting their challenges, and I think that really helped.

The other thing I saw was if a client was too strict with themselves, they would lose a lot of weight all at once, but then I would tend to see them a few months later, having gained it all back, sometimes even more. It wasn’t a healthy approach.

I lean toward the Mediterranean Diet (whole foods), just as an overall, permanent lifestyle. I try to think of adding to, rather than taking away. Like adding more walking, more veggies, more salads, more water. Eating dinner not too late in the evening is a good one too. Using the KISS method – keeping it simple. Everyone is different in what lifestyle works for them, keeping it balanced and healthy, the slower you lose (or gain) the body adjusts itself and makes that set weight more permanent. Stress and sleeping patterns really effect the immune system and metabolism too (and thus weight), so a good night’s rest and some relaxing/meditating is pretty great.

As far as Keto goes, I'm not a fan. It's really hard on your kidneys. My neighbor and her son (they were doing it together) both got super weak and sick on the diet and had to go to the doctor, who told them to knock it off. It's just not healthy or even moderately sustainable.

I’m with you though, I’m in need of some poundage shedding and body strengthening, and am glad the sun is out. I need to post less on the wonderful NR form and get by butt outside more!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 9:28am
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 10:04am
 Suggested reading ... -  Yoli/CA on 1/20/23 10:13am
 Re: Suggested reading ... - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 5:29pm
 PLUS, ALWAYS THINK CARBS! - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 10:14am
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - SC/CA on 1/20/23 12:03pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 12:38pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 5:12pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 7:31pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? -  Yoli/CA on 1/22/23 12:34pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/22/23 2:36pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/22/23 10:53pm
 Meant intermittent fasting not dieting n/m - Bear900/CA on 1/22/23 10:59pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? -  JanetK_CA on 1/27/23 3:54pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/31/23 12:08pm
 I'd heard of people who like "Noom", the new app. n/m -  MW/VA on 1/21/23 8:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.