Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet?
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 1/31/23 12:08pm Msg #35645
Frankly, the logic behind keto, is quite compelling and if I didn't already know what I know I would consider it myself. Also, using keto as a quick fix and transferring to a healthier diet is even more compelling. I mean, why not? There's often a lot of sound rationalization for the choices we make, and we try to make the best choices possible.

I recall when many doctors were telling their patients to take a baby aspirin once a day after a certain age. Doctors then updated that to start statins at a certain age for precautionary measures. This was mainstream medical practice that many doctors themselves started doing. Now, that also been updated. Knowledge evolves.

I recall going into a health food store to purchase some collagen peptide protein to mix with my green smoothies. The lady got extremely excited about that and figuring I was on a keto diet handed me some literature to promote it, and her products. I chuckled. But guess what? My knowledge evolved.

Years ago, I dumped the smoothies and now have a very expensive Vitamix sitting on my kitchen counter. Before that, I was willing to pay $10 or more for a great tasting and 'healthy' smoothie. Live and learn, though some here may be asking, "Huh?"

I remember having a long conversation with my wife and convincing her what an important and necessary item that Vitamix would be for us for the rest of our lives. Haha..

And this sort of evolution of rational doesn't change. We start off very smart and make the absolute best decision possible with the information at our current disposal.

Here's a funny thing that just happened to me. We have been considering a travel trailer for 18 months and last week finally found the perfect one for the perfect price and with an extremely cooperative seller. Again, we sat down and covered every positive, and negative aspect and decided it was the absolute best decision for us. We were exhilarated. Went to bed happy and shut the brain down and all heart emotions went off too. Sub-conscious never shuts down. During waking moments when the subconscious is still partly active is when many songwriters write their best songs. It was during those couple of waking moments a good number of reasons against the purchase came to the fore. Now, I had to sit my wife down and go over these 'newly discovered' thoughts. New, only because my thinking was so wrapped up in the positive aspects and we had studied the unit in every possible way. The cons were there all along. But they would not have existed even in my subconscious if I had not done such a thorough investigation to start with.

Oh well, I love rationalizing, so those are just my thoughts for the day. Best to all!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 9:28am
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 10:04am
 Suggested reading ... -  Yoli/CA on 1/20/23 10:13am
 Re: Suggested reading ... - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 5:29pm
 PLUS, ALWAYS THINK CARBS! - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 10:14am
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - SC/CA on 1/20/23 12:03pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 12:38pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/20/23 5:12pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/20/23 7:31pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? -  Yoli/CA on 1/22/23 12:34pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - PaigeTurner on 1/22/23 2:36pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/22/23 10:53pm
 Meant intermittent fasting not dieting n/m - Bear900/CA on 1/22/23 10:59pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? -  JanetK_CA on 1/27/23 3:54pm
 Re: Anyone tried the Keto diet? - Bear900/CA on 1/31/23 12:08pm
 I'd heard of people who like "Noom", the new app. n/m -  MW/VA on 1/21/23 8:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.